Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do we want to see for 2023 and years to come?

MasonScott

I would like to see the following:

1. A larger storage compartment in the bow seating area similar to what dalt1 posted.

2.  Tower.  I like how the Nautique tower has easier access to the tow point for wake surfing/wake boarding.  I also like how the tower speakers are more towards the stern of the boat which, in my opinion, makes it easier for the rider to hear the music without blasting out the folks sitting in the cockpit.

3. Improve seat mechanism as noted above

4. Port locker storage dividers.

5. An adjustable removable shelf in the locker behind the drivers seat on the 25LSV.  

6. Better wireless chargers.  As of now, it only seems to keep my IPhone from losing juice, not actually charging it.

• 5 weeks later...

saw the video below...its the opposite of my failed inverse-foil-surf idea earlier in the thread (i.e. a traditional foil doing things they were meant to do).  What i found interesting is that once it got on plane, the non-existent wake sure seemed like a waterskier's dream.  not sure if there's enough market to support development, but curious to see if any hydrofoil ski boats are in the works.

• Like 2

I haven't read the entire thread - so apologies if there is any duplication:

• Dedicated / better anchor storage
  • Board storage under the bimini 
  • The rear camera is a big improvement from my '19 to my '21.  However, time to take it where it gives you a better view of the person surfing (MC does a nice job here - and believe it is a better safety feature)
  • Rear facing seats - all boats (:))
  • For the '23 LSV - more freeboard / better ride qlty
  • If we are going to have carpet still - can we match to the sea dek?  I have a peanut butter inside with grey captain chair carpet (?)
  • Like 3
On 4/19/2022 at 5:30 PM, shawndoggy said:

wireless carplay / android auto marine stereo

THIS!!!  :cheers:

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I haven't read the entire thread - so apologies if there is any duplication:

• Dedicated / better anchor storage - Completely agree with this.  
  • Board storage under the bimini  - 1 ,000%
  • The rear camera is a big improvement from my '19 to my '21.  However, time to take it where it gives you a better view of the person surfing (MC does a nice job here - and believe it is a better safety feature) I agree with this as well.  We really liked the MC camera set up when we did our demos last fall.  They've done a great job there.
  • Rear facing seats - all boats (:))
  • For the '23 LSV - more freeboard / better ride qlty - I think the next revision of the 23 will be more like the 25 in terms of freeboard.  Last year we went to Norris Lake with 2 other families and we all brought our boats and rotated them for the week.  We had our 2021 23LSV, a 2020 MC XT22 and a 2020 Tige' 23ZX.  The order in terms of ride quality was MC, LSV, and ZX.  Our LSV was much improved in comparison to our former 2017 22VLX.
  • If we are going to have carpet still - can we match to the sea dek?  I have a peanut butter inside with grey captain chair carpet (?)  - This is silly.  I don't understand why that was done unless it was a mistake.  But, I do recall my grey carpet on my 2021 23SLV but never thought anything of it because the majority of the interior was grey.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

I haven’t really thought it either, but our 23lsv has peanut butter interior and seadeck, gray carpeting under the helm. Going to bug me now naturally!

16 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

I haven’t really thought it either, but our 23lsv has peanut butter interior and seadeck, gray carpeting under the helm. Going to bug me now naturally!

My apologies....  

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, BeachCowboy said:

I've got one... make the Wakeview bench seat fold down to fold the backrest fully flat. Reason for this is... if anyone has ever brought young kids on a boat... they like to sleep quite frequently. Being able to lay put a space in the shade with a full 4+ft front to back that spans the whole back seating area, and under the general bimini coverage would be sweet.

I suspect this hasn't been done yet because the strength required to enable the backrest to sit at seating height would require strong supports, but that could be engineered in with a top bar on the backrest that can clip in to the tracks the seat slides on horizontally. 

I said this when it first came out. It would be awesome to be able to camp out on the boat for a long weekend!

• Like 1
BeachCowboy
51 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

I said this when it first came out. It would be awesome to be able to camp out on the boat for a long weekend!

Yep agreed!

On 6/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, BeachCowboy said:

I've got one... make the Wakeview bench seat fold down to fold the backrest fully flat. Reason for this is... if anyone has ever brought young kids on a boat... they like to sleep quite frequently. Being able to lay put a space in the shade with a full 4+ft front to back that spans the whole back seating area, and under the general bimini coverage would be sweet.

I suspect this hasn't been done yet because the strength required to enable the backrest to sit at seating height would require strong supports, but that could be engineered in with a top bar on the backrest that can clip in to the tracks the seat slides on horizontally. 

They could add a resting bracket on the side of the seat uprights like the slider part.

Since I sat in a '23, I don't think I am speaking out of turn.  Some things to note: dash indicators on swim step, thruster and rudder.  Emblems can be mix and match on color.

I haven’t gone through the entire 5 pages of this thread, but I’d like to see a much beefier Winch and back to the jack with the flat circular plate vs the wheel. Especially on the 24/25’s and any 3axle trailer.

• Like 3

I’d like to see a lot less touch screens or at the very least a nod to redundancy with some mechanical toggles feeding the relay boards.  Hide them behind a dry box lid. And a touch override toggle switch to just stop the machine from trying to make sense of the bad data and be a plain old screen. 5 bad touch screens in 2016 and 2 in 2019 and I’m done with the idea.

True high volume bidirectional pumps.

A dash that actually has trip computer functions that read all the data off the J1939 bus.  It’d be a stunning revelation to most that the boat can tell you to the gallon or better how much gas is left in the tank and what your fuel consumption is at any given moment to help dial in setups.  It’s a sin that’s not done now unless you after market install a scan gauge.  

Edited by Slurpee
2 hours ago, Slurpee said:

I’d like to see a lot less touch screens or at the very least a nod to redundancy with some mechanical toggles feeding the relay boards.

You'd love the new Axis sport dash.  One touch screen and a bunch of redundant analog controls.  Bliss. 

5 hours ago, Slurpee said:

I’d like to see a lot less touch screens or at the very least a nod to redundancy with some mechanical toggles feeding the relay boards.  Hide them behind a dry box lid. And a touch override toggle switch to just stop the machine from trying to make sense of the bad data and be a plain old screen. 5 bad touch screens in 2016 and 2 in 2019 and I’m done with the idea.

True high volume bidirectional pumps.

A dash that actually has trip computer functions that read all the data off the J1939 bus.  It’d be a stunning revelation to most that the boat can tell you to the gallon or better how much gas is left in the tank and what your fuel consumption is at any given moment to help dial in setups.  It’s a sin that’s not done now unless you after market install a scan gauge.  

On the new dashes, they do have the ability to see engine diagnostics.  While this isn't exactly what you are seeking, it does give you more data points than what you have on the center screen.  I can see engine load, exhaust manifold water temps (left and right), coolant temp, fuel pressure, rpm, trans temp and others.  I often have this pulled up when we are riding to keep an eye on things.

EF55C5E9-A777-4EBB-BDA1-B608DF2C05F0.png

Edited by bcoppess23

Better fiberglass layups, so the gel cote doesn’t crack so much. Better build quality all around, and keep the gimmicky stuff.

5 minutes ago, potterm said:

Improved reliability

One thing I totally regret about joining this forum: LACK OF CONFIDENCE in the product. I’m legit terrified lately about how my new insanely expensive boat is going to completely fail me at some point early on. Any of you guys have some GOOD stuff to say about NEWER Malibus and their reliability? Nervous because I am the type of person who buys something to pay it off and own it. I don’t buy boats every year and sell them every other season for a new one to never be free of a payment. I’m sure some of you use cash but I imagine it’s the smaller amount of owners…

26 minutes ago, TAQ44 said:

One thing I totally regret about joining this forum: LACK OF CONFIDENCE in the product. I’m legit terrified lately about how my new insanely expensive boat is going to completely fail me at some point early on. Any of you guys have some GOOD stuff to say about NEWER Malibus and their reliability? Nervous because I am the type of person who buys something to pay it off and own it. I don’t buy boats every year and sell them every other season for a new one to never be free of a payment. I’m sure some of you use cash but I imagine it’s the smaller amount of owners…

I'm always afraid to post anything about my boat as I don't want to jinx anything.  Zero issues.  2021 '23 LSV. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, you guys are definitely an ease to my thoughts. I have dreamt about having my own A22 literally since they came out in the early 2010’s. My dream boat is in production this week (started yesterday). I’ve wanted it forever. Had a supreme that I sold earlier this year for well over what I bought it for and now I can afford my dream boat. So the skepticism freaks me out a bit to say the least. HOWEVER, I absolutely understand that there will ALWAYS be a “pain period” while you learn your new toys (boats, trailer, side by sides, etc.). I feel and hope that once that period ends, things will be pretty smooth. I’ve always known Malibu/axis to be THE top of the line boats…

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bcoppess23 said:

On the new dashes, they do have the ability to see engine diagnostics.  While this isn't exactly what you are seeking, it does give you more data points than what you have on the center screen.  I can see engine load, exhaust manifold water temps (left and right), coolant temp, fuel pressure, rpm, trans temp and others.  I often have this pulled up when we are riding to keep an eye on things.

That’s clever. A lot of that is there in my’19 as well. Just hard to read under way. I’ve used it for accurate readings on the wedge position for instance while  tuning waves.  It’s more accurate than saying two clicks from Lift.

I have an idea for the next cockpit from your post. I had a sedan once where you could select from several dash gauge displays of the same info to suit your style or use.  Some were simple and clear. Others were busy with data and virtual gauges slipped into the main ones. I’d like to see the options provided us for the standard display modes get really creative and rich. 

Edited by Slurpee