Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do we want to see for 2023 and years to come?

MasonScott

I may be missing it, but on the 2021 VLX there doesn't seem to be a designated storage spot for the plexiglass windbreak.  A sleeve incorporated into a sidewall or under a seat pad seems like a very simple add-on it should have.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jhucke said:

It is a sporting station wagon because there is a rear trunk? Theres been many, many models of all brands that had at least SOME storage in the boat...

No I wasn't making a direct comparison ... I'm just saying that CAR enthusiasts SAY they want to buy cars like this, but then they don't actually sell well:

image.thumb.png.3281378764a5315a9d41aecea51089f0.png

2 hours ago, Jhucke said:

People tend to gravitate towards the Nautique and MC for the DD, but I'm pretty sure those build slots are completely sold out and have been the past several seasons. How is that not demand? Maybe there is no demand for Malibu because they refuse to update it for the last however many years and the others have completely surpassed its performance. 

Could be. 

I dont think we've sold 3 direct drives in the past two years.

ahopkins22LSV
40 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I know my dealer hasn't sold many either.  What they have sold has gone to clubs. 

That is what most of those CC and MC are going to as well. They seem to build more but it’s not like a bunch of families are buying them across the country, they are buying crossovers and wake boats just like with Malibu. It’s just clubs and private ski lake owners with a few private buyers sprinkled in. Honestly I’m not sure how they keep it going because idk who is buying their flipped demo/promo boats. 

ahopkins22LSV
11 minutes ago, Woodski said:

@ahopkinsVTX - my guess would be the slalom ski boat buyers are mostly buying promo boats rather than new ones.  Promo guys are wondering how they are going to sell their vessel.

That is what I meant. I’m not sure how these promo guys keep it going. 

24 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That is what I meant. I’m not sure how these promo guys keep it going. 

The guy I know that bought a promo boat kept it.  He did the promo circuit with it just to get the discount.  He lives on a slalom lake and uses the boat a lot.

+1 on bigger Garmin style screen like a Pavati, and obstacle/GPS awareness!! 

Although bad for prop repair business.. they may lobby Malibu away from such decisions

I would like to see a winterization manifold like Nautique does.  As much as the new M series is pretty easy to winterize, the competition routes all drain hoses to an easy to access point and is even easier.  

13 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I would like to see a winterization manifold like Nautique does.  As much as the new M series is pretty easy to winterize, the competition routes all drain hoses to an easy to access point and is even easier.  

While we're at it add a $30 electric ball valve and a $5 temp sensor to auto drain/open if it gets close to freezing

9 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Option for heated seating.. it's been in cheap cars for decades.. time for quarter million dollar boats! 

Some pretty expensive things on 4 wheels don't have heated seats right now either due to chip problems. 

• Like 2
On 4/8/2022 at 12:25 AM, Tanglin said:

Option of a Vee-Drive that has output rotating the other way. 95% of people who surf with us are regular side and we would love to have the prop rotation the other way to get the same perfect  wave we currently have on the goofy side.  Time to also enable the wedge to be properly equipped  for lift at ski speeds (i.e 32mph )on the smaller boats 20-22ft as it would really improve the crossover claim. Being only brand with the wedge would give Malibu a huge advantage in this space as creating lift at back of boat makes a big difference to slalom wake and most people in the 20-22ft range are looking for a cross-over boat.

They do this because goofy people are just better! :lol:

200deg engine alarm like a Bayliner! So we are not fully reliant on lagging water temps only! Hose pops off, clogged filter, dealer doesn't connect.... would prevent lot of headaches.. that and or a water flow detector

I know I know it's a few bucks...

On 4/7/2022 at 7:26 PM, dalt1 said:

Dedicated anchor storage in the fore peak. Anchor locker, who does not carry an anchor?

Thinking they could even design it for a box anchor folded and straight in at angle following hull wouldn't take up much seating space at all. Space I would happily give up. Maybe even make the anchor standard equipment and not charge you an extra $400 for it like they do for a spare tire that should be standard!

Here is where I modified for mine.image.png.17c2194b80a8482afce5f8bcfa80bf9c.png

On 4/7/2022 at 8:14 PM, Cole2001 said:

Bass boats will all be under 102”. More referring to the closed bow cruiser style boats found up here in the NW. I believe you can get a yearly oversize permit and you’re good to go. But for the most part I hear of a lot of people not bothering with it and have had no troubles. 

Correct. I trailer a 28’ walk around cuddy with a 9’6” beam. Never been hassled. But I also don’t trailer it often. 

22 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Thinking they could even design it for a box anchor folded and straight in at angle following hull wouldn't take up much seating space at all. Space I would happily give up. Maybe even make the anchor standard equipment and not charge you an extra $400 for it like they do for a spare tire that should be standard!

Here is where I modified for mine.image.png.17c2194b80a8482afce5f8bcfa80bf9c.png

What did you have to do to get your box anchor to fit?

On 4/9/2022 at 8:20 AM, hethj7 said:

I would steer clear of winterization manifolds.  Merc did that with their single point block cracking system.  Running lines to a central point makes it hard to make sure there isn't material obstructing the drain at the source.

Boats keep getting bigger…

With increasingly more features that suck battery juice… bigger stereos, power towers, stern thrusters, phone chargers at every cup holder, and finicky screens that need peak voltage or they go whig out…

Yet we’re still powering these boats with the same dual, group 24 battery setup found on a 94 Echelon. 

I wish they’d make the battery compartment big enough to take group 27 or 29 batteries.