Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

350 MAG MPI Sunsetter swap

martinarcher

Just now, justgary said:

It looks like he used a piece of that marine cardboard to secure it to the port manifold, similar to the OEM position.  He really didn't go into detail about the cardboard, though.

Not mounting the ECU - the actual ECU used and tuning.

2 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

Not mounting the ECU - the actual ECU used and tuning.

The whole point of the thread was that he found a 350 MAG MPI motor, so I presume he used the one that came with it.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Maybe I missed it, but what did you do in terms of ECU, which is the hardest part to figure out on these types of swaps.

The first post is where the whole EFI thing started.  I bought a Merc MAG EFI engine off eBay that was cracked (sold as a low hour good motor).  It was told as a TBI engine and ended up being a EFI engine with a MEFI2 ECU so honestly IMO it was still worth the $1600 I paid for it even with the cracked block.  I built the new engine with a different block using a lot of the mercs parts (cam, rods, pistons, etc) and then swapped the intake and EFI gear onto it. Really happy with the outcome. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, justgary said:

It looks like he used a piece of that marine cardboard to secure it to the port manifold, similar to the OEM position.  He really didn't go into detail about the cardboard, though.

Haha!  I actually made up a bracket with steel bar to mount the ECU box just inside the port manifold.  I did think about relocating it but with the harness all designed for that spot it was a no brainier to build a new bracket since I was going to loose the studs off the factory Merc manifold riser.