Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat cover help

bscheper

I have a 07 VTX that has tower replaced with G3 so stock covers are not good solution. Velcro does not fit around tower support. Boat is stored in dry covered location on lift so don't need water proof storage cover.  Just looking for easy on and off cheap dust cover to keep spiders and dust from gravel roads around Lake out.  Looking for easy pull over cover with approximate cutout for tower supports and bungee down to lift.  Current wratchet stap cover is to hard to hold over bow of boat to keep below rub rail while second person tightens.  Any ideas much appreciated!

I've been using a generic over the tower cover for the past few years and it really helps to keep the spiders out. Not sure how cheap they are now but a quick search seems like yours would be in the $500-600 range. It took a trial and error to figure out the best procedure to install but I've got it down to just a few minutes by myself.

Good luck.

I second the comment above.  Way easier to find a generic over the tower cover, than a generic that will fit correctly around your tower.  

My neighbor has a over the tower cover that is similar to shrink wrap, and as long as he doesnt' shrink it with heat, it is reuseable for a good price.  Check out amazon for these.  

Next best bet is full custom, and while expensive and long lead time, they really are great . Can't say enough about evolution, but there are other good ones out there.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for input.  I will look more and have seen some over the tower covers.  Only concern is rubbing holes in tower bimini with over tower cover.

• 3 weeks later...
Olddognewtricks
On 3/14/2022 at 1:44 PM, BearCreekBum said:

I've been using a generic over the tower cover for the past few years and it really helps to keep the spiders out. Not sure how cheap they are now but a quick search seems like yours would be in the $500-600 range. It took a trial and error to figure out the best procedure to install but I've got it down to just a few minutes by myself.

Good luck.

any help on where you went for "generic over the tower cover"?  New 23 lsv will be covered on lift all summer when not in use and since I let my daughter choose to have them paint the tower white would prefer that it be folded and covered when not in use for a few days. 

Thanks for any direction.  

On 4/16/2022 at 7:50 AM, Olddognewtricks said:

any help on where you went for "generic over the tower cover"?  New 23 lsv will be covered on lift all summer when not in use and since I let my daughter choose to have them paint the tower white would prefer that it be folded and covered when not in use for a few days. 

Thanks for any direction.  

@Olddognewtricks I bought mine about 5 years ago from Savvy Boater and it was made by Carver. 

It is not as nice nor will it fit as well as the one Ronnie linked but it was in stock when I purchased.

My boat sits on an uncovered floating lift for just the days we are using and the cover does great for us. No more spiders in the morning around the speakers and tower. We leave the tower up and Bimini deployed. 

Let me know if you need more details. 

• Thanks 1
Mattbowentx

I ordered an over the tower cover through Waterski America in Lewisville, and it's been a great addition.  Keeps the bimini, tower and speakers very clean.   I greatly prefer (and recommend) an over the tower cover versus what Malibu provides as a standard canvas cover.  I had Waterski America extend the cover so that the back platform is covered too, as I have had the surface of the platform peel due to sun exposure.  The over the tower covers take a little getting used to, but I can remove or install the cover now in a few minutes.  No harder than the standard cover once you get the hang of it.  

Olddognewtricks
38 minutes ago, Mattbowentx said:

I ordered an over the tower cover through Waterski America in Lewisville, and it's been a great addition.  Keeps the bimini, tower and speakers very clean.   I greatly prefer (and recommend) an over the tower cover versus what Malibu provides as a standard canvas cover.  I had Waterski America extend the cover so that the back platform is covered too, as I have had the surface of the platform peel due to sun exposure.  The over the tower covers take a little getting used to, but I can remove or install the cover now in a few minutes.  No harder than the standard cover once you get the hang of it.  

Great thanks.   Does yours go over the tower with it folded down?   Or still up.
Any pics of it?

not sure how I feel about a cover on the lift with the tower up while I’m gone in case if wind/storm.   Any trouble with it acting like a sale and pushing the boat around?   

• 2 weeks later...
DigDeep710

I have a 2001 sun setter with the skylon tuna tower. I just bought a 2004 xti malibu boat cover. The cover most likely won’t fit my boat properly due to the design difference in the towers. I’m just curious if anyone on here has this boat and possible the cover I’m looking for. Maybe able to trade or sell this cover so I can get the proper one