Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much did you pay

ADeLancey

Hello, looking to buy a boat and was wanting to know what yall paid for the 2021 A24? I have found a left over boat but seems like they are asking current year pricing as if we are in 2021. Priced at $125k

First off .. wow they have a leftover.  Second, that does seem like they tacked on all the upcharges for 2022 but its a ..bird in the hand situation.  Crazy ... I might have to rethink the pricing of my 2021 23MXZ with only 32 hrs!

look at onlyinboards.com to get an idea of the market.  It shows a handful of A24's slightly cheaper than that, but not by a lot.  125k just isn't what it used to be i guess

11 hours ago, ADeLancey said:

Hello, looking to buy a boat and was wanting to know what yall paid for the 2021 A24? I have found a left over boat but seems like they are asking current year pricing as if we are in 2021. Priced at $125k

Also remember it depends on options, people that special order get different discounts depending on what quarter they order in, and now they have additional surcharge on 22 models. So prices always vary. We paid 133k for our 22 A24 almost every option minus LT4 (went with M6) but we got the upper end of msrp discount for a winter delivery. 

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

Also remember it depends on options, people that special order get different discounts depending on what quarter they order in, and now they have additional surcharge on 22 models. So prices always vary. We paid 133k for our 22 A24 almost every option minus LT4 (went with M6) but we got the upper end of msrp discount for a winter delivery. 

Man 133k for an Axis. Sure glad I bought my 23 MXZ when I did. Couldn’t imagine what a new MXZ is if Axis’ are 130k+.  

On 1/25/2022 at 11:13 PM, dwc032 said:

Man 133k for an Axis. Sure glad I bought my 23 MXZ when I did. Couldn’t imagine what a new MXZ is if Axis’ are 130k+.  

i paid 155k for a 2022 RI 230 and i know of people who have very recently paid 142k very recently for a 230  on the lot for more options than i have.  no way even a fully loaded 2022 a24 is a relative value of a “budget boat” line at that price,  maybe in Dallas or some other higher priced high demand cities that’s a fair price.

someone priced a fairly loaded 2022 s220 supreme for me at $140k in Conroe Tx and it was really really really nice but not worth that even with sick wave snd a beautiful look.    i may have certainly over paid for a20 but that is a high total price for a budget boat!  it might even be a fair price but im not buying that expensive of an axis.  bet he has a great time in the boat he ordered for himself but if your willing to buy new you can get a lot more of a boat for 13-18% more depending on brand and dealer.  thats not the relative value you are purchasing with a budget line.  

would you buy a $133k moomba or would you consider an on the lot new Supra?  

if you buy/order it to your high specs snd hold it forever then paying a higher price (market or otherwise) does not matter.  if it gets you on the water this year in style having friends and family fun your gold!   in some of these stupid covid restricted states it may well be worth every penny for recreation away from all that.  i would really be upset if i could only use it for 3-6 months tops!!   we get a 10.5 month season to justify our costs 

i wish we would have kept my paid for lightly optioned Axis i ordered new snd upgraded over time.  as far as a financial decision goes if i'm spending big money, i'm getting the higher end line boat used or new.   i probably paid too much for my budget boat because of first year SG but it was 40% of that amount snd i had an upgraded trailer for brack water, i wrote a check!

my wife who earns more money than me said buy a better boat.  she wasn't asking for a bigger Axis well optioned she still could take water over the bow snd get sprayed in the wind surfing.  she had that on her budget boat.  at that price, these are no longer budget boats!

and i luv the 2018 snd up A24’s, so i'm not a hater and still luv the brand. i think the sweet spot is a 2018 a24 with pw2,  all the kinks worked out for you, betting you could get one for 75-90 (still too much) but you get a great boat with a great wake or wave with the ability to adjust it with power wedge, probably sell for what you bought it for if you didn't want to keep it.  you could seriously upgrade your truck if necessary with your savings to pull it.  im gonna be pulling mine with an f150 2.7 because of the money i already spent and financed, no way i could or would want to upgrade that too spending even more. but i could be in a new or highly optioned used f250 and a used a24 for what i spent!!

sorry for the diatribe 

Edited by granddaddy55
On 1/25/2022 at 9:20 AM, ADeLancey said:

FWIW. My friend bought a 2021 showroom model A24, mid level range of options (M6 motor, manual wedge) this time last year for 105k.  I know prices have gone up. Seems a bit high but not crazy high for the market.  What is a 2022 with the same options going for?  List of options would help. If it’s a base package and or base motor, I’d pass. 

21 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

i paid 155k for a 2022 RI 230 and i know of people who have very recently paid 142k very recently for a 230  on the lot for more options than i have.  no way even a fully loaded 2022 a24 is a relative value of a “budget boat” line at that price,  maybe in Dallas or some other higher priced high demand cities that’s a fair price.

someone priced a fairly loaded 2022 s220 supreme for me at $140k in Conroe Tx and it was really really really nice but not worth that even with sick wave snd a beautiful look.    i may have certainly over paid for a20 but that is a high total price for a budget boat!  it might even be a fair price but im not buying that expensive of an axis.  bet he has a great time in the boat he ordered for himself but if your willing to buy new you can get a lot more of a boat for 13-18% more depending on brand and dealer.  thats not the relative value you are purchasing with a budget line.  

would you buy a $133k moomba or would you consider an on the lot new Supra?  

if you buy/order it to your high specs snd hold it forever then paying a higher price (market or otherwise) does not matter.  if it gets you on the water this year in style having friends and family fun your gold!   in some of these stupid covid restricted states it may well be worth every penny for recreation away from all that.  i would really be upset if i could only use it for 3-6 months tops!!   we get a 10.5 month season to justify our costs 

i wish we would have kept my paid for lightly optioned Axis i ordered new snd upgraded over time.  as far as a financial decision goes if i'm spending big money, i'm getting the higher end line boat used or new.   i probably paid too much for my budget boat because of first year SG but it was 40% of that amount snd i had an upgraded trailer for brack water, i wrote a check!

my wife who earns more money than me said buy a better boat.  she wasn't asking for a bigger Axis well optioned she still could take water over the bow snd get sprayed in the wind surfing.  she had that on her budget boat.  at that price, these are no longer budget boats!

and i luv the 2018 snd up A24’s, so i'm not a hater and still luv the brand. i think the sweet spot is a 2018 a24 with pw2,  all the kinks worked out for you, betting you could get one for 75-90 (still too much) but you get a great boat with a great wake or wave with the ability to adjust it with power wedge, probably sell for what you bought it for if you didn't want to keep it.  you could seriously upgrade your truck if necessary with your savings to pull it.  im gonna be pulling mine with an f150 2.7 because of the money i already spent and financed, no way i could or would want to upgrade that too spending even more. but i could be in a new or highly optioned used f250 and a used a24 for what i spent!!

sorry for the diatribe 

Agree these budget line prices aren’t really budget or value anymore. I likely over paid for a 2022 zs232 very well optioned with the ZZ6 DI motor for $123k before freight, prep and taxes.  And that price was quoted in May which my dealer honored even with the fall and winter price increases and the production delays. If the dealer didn’t honor our agreed price, I would likely be in the 130 to 140 range like that S220 you had quoted. Do you have your 230 yet?

6 hours ago, bovhica said:

Agree these budget line prices aren’t really budget or value anymore. I likely over paid for a 2022 zs232 very well optioned with the ZZ6 DI motor for $123k before freight, prep and taxes.  And that price was quoted in May which my dealer honored even with the fall and winter price increases and the production delays. If the dealer didn’t honor our agreed price, I would likely be in the 130 to 140 range like that S220 you had quoted. Do you have your 230 yet?

since thanksgiving, it was a order someone didn't want so it was on lot,  late 2nd qtr order slot delivered early 4th qtr, we had great late fall season

nice choice with motor,  you get 1000 hr warranty instead of 500

we already put 40+ hours on it by new years

i got shorted a heater due to supply chain and now i have to cut holes in my baby 😳

go to pictures on water thread snd you will see it in there sans my bombshell 2.0 racks and bimini because of current storage issues

luving this ferrari of a boat ,  driving it is a real pleasure

17 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

since thanksgiving, it was a order someone didn't want so it was on lot,  late 2nd qtr order slot delivered early 4th qtr, we had great late fall season

nice choice with motor,  you get 1000 hr warranty instead of 500

we already put 40+ hours on it by new years

i got shorted a heater due to supply chain and now i have to cut holes in my baby 😳

go to pictures on water thread snd you will see it in there sans my bombshell 2.0 racks and bimini because of current storage issues

luving this ferrari of a boat ,  driving it is a real pleasure

Good lookin boat!  Love the RI line. Heavily considered a lightly used 2018 RI 237, but wife didn’t like the colors, or the lack of, it was all white. We are excited to pick our ZS232 up. Arrived at the dealer yesterday!  Been without our Malibu since end of July. It’s been a loooooong 6 months!  Was supposed to be a August delivery, got pushed to an October build, with delays in parts, she is finally 100% complete! No drilling holes in our baby!  At least until the mods begin, lol!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bovhica said:

Good lookin boat!  Love the RI line. Heavily considered a lightly used 2018 RI 237, but wife didn’t like the colors, or the lack of, it was all white. We are excited to pick our ZS232 up. Arrived at the dealer yesterday!  Been without our Malibu since end of July. It’s been a loooooong 6 months!  Was supposed to be a August delivery, got pushed to an October build, with delays in parts, she is finally 100% complete! No drilling holes in our baby!  At least until the mods begin, lol!

awesome, hope your season starts soon,  i demoed the ri 230 at the surf champs in conroe tx,  boat was straight from factory water test to dealer and then straight off trailer i surfed it,  we had 5 adult passengers which is a lot of lead but it was the first perfect out of the box surf inhave ever experienced,  but stock ballast from factory with factory pnp is 5600, it better surf great!,  when we have a light crew we dont use bow pnp (only 200lbs) and deal with the more bow rise,  surfed it with 8 in cabin and it was so comfy, wave was STUPID!!!! 

the reversable pumps are great,  they raisin the bags for the most part, the dual revo12 screens ard great and touch controls are so easy to work with  , never had factory nav luv it,  so cool filling 2500 ram fill in 60 seconds,  we start filling pnp cruising to surf site,  drop off plane and do the ramfill, select quicksurf, roll

Edited by granddaddy55
22 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

awesome, hope your season starts soon,  i demoed the ri 230 at the surf champs in conroe tx,  boat was straight from factory water test to dealer and then straight off trailer i surfed it,  we had 5 adult passengers which is a lot of lead but it was the first perfect out of the box surf inhave ever experienced,  but stock ballast from factory with factory pnp is 5600, it better surf great!,  when we have a light crew we dont use bow pnp (only 200lbs) and deal with the more bow rise,  surfed it with 8 in cabin and it was so comfy, wave was STUPID!!!! 

the reversable pumps are great,  they raisin the bags for the most part, the dual revo12 screens ard great and touch controls are so easy to work with  , never had factory nav luv it,  so cool filling 2500 ram fill in 60 seconds,  we start filling pnp cruising to surf site,  drop off plane and do the ramfill, select quicksurf, roll

Quite an upgrade from a 2014 20 footer!  Awesome!  

• Like 1