Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior Replacement

alcoprop

I have the chance to buy a nice 99 sunsetter VLX. It has a lot of rips and tears in the interior. Does anyone have an idea on what a full replacement would cost. I can pull everything out and take it somewhere. Just trying to make sure the deal is still good. I would be selling it in the spring time is the goal. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, alcoprop said:

I have the chance to buy a nice 99 sunsetter VLX. It has a lot of rips and tears in the interior. Does anyone have an idea on what a full replacement would cost. I can pull everything out and take it somewhere. Just trying to make sure the deal is still good. I would be selling it in the spring time is the goal. 

Tough to say these days, but I did the same thing 3 years ago and paid ~$2500 cash to a small local interior shop here. It's not too hard to take all the interior out yourself. Some hard to reach bolts, but nothing crazy. It also gives you a good chance to really get to know your boat. If you pull the trigger, I'm happy to help with any questions.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Tough to say these days, but I did the same thing 3 years ago and paid ~$2500 cash to a small local interior shop here. It's not too hard to take all the interior out yourself. Some hard to reach bolts, but nothing crazy. It also gives you a good chance to really get to know your boat. If you pull the trigger, I'm happy to help with any questions.

Perfect thank you! I am very familiar with boats and working on them. This is going to be a winter project/rehab boat and then sell it in the summer. I was hoping to be able to get it done for $5k or less. 

I'd figure on at least 4K if you are installing the skins yourself.  The quote I got on my 2012 VTX for a complete set of skins was around 4K from Gabe.  Wound up paying around 2K for only the ones that I needed and thin installed byself.