Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gatorstep

ndahlberg12

I’m hoping someone here can help me out so I can catch their Black Friday deal. I am wondering if anyone has ordered a match that is close to the sepia Malibu floor? I know Malibu makes their own soft grip now so it won’t match perfectly but I’m super particular and want to get as close as possible. I have seen pictures of the gatorstep toffee over black but It looks like the Malibu floor is toffee over another brown. I tried calling gatorstep direct and they were zero help.

anyone order a close combo?

I ordered bow sections from them for my axis when you couldn’t get anything but black from the factory . You’re right , it’s not exact. I think the depth is more noticeable than the color difference. Here is what it looks like 

1846554A-71B3-4808-A242-73A37BDE7C7D.jpeg

6 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

I ordered bow sections from them for my axis when you couldn’t get anything but black from the factory . You’re right , it’s not exact. I think the depth is more noticeable than the color difference. Here is what it looks like 

1846554A-71B3-4808-A242-73A37BDE7C7D.jpeg

What pattern did you order?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, bjt135psu said:

@Livinlogs- did you consider the toffee over whiskey barrel? i have a 21 with the sepia flooring and looking for some deck grip

That may actually look better . No matter what, the gator step product is deeper/thicker and will look slightly different . I was looking at my 2022 t250 and thought I’d the whole thing was done in GS, it would be wonderful 

all said , the bow and sides I did with GS on my 2021 were worth every penny 

On 1/13/2022 at 12:46 PM, bjt135psu said:

@Livinlogs- did you consider the toffee over whiskey barrel? i have a 21 with the sepia flooring and looking for some deck grip

@bjt135psu When I get back home I will update this thread with pictures, I forgot about it to be honest. I believe I went with Teak top and espresso bottom layer. This is the closest combination I could find to the factory flooring. My dealer was able to match it for me before my order went into production.

To help for anyone else looking. 

Top picture is toffee (on the left) and teak (right) on the floor of my 2021 Axis A22. 

Bottom picture is of teak and espresso on same factory floor. 

Third picture is of the finished product. I don’t have the boat here so I can’t show finished pictures. 

@bjt135psu

A05917E8-F049-481B-993A-835EAFD5943A.jpeg

03858452-422A-4CEB-9559-15FA29D6280D.jpeg

3F8B5047-CCC3-4B07-AEF7-BF4D2233E241.jpeg