Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1995 Echelon Heater

Utahechelon

I have a 1995 Echelon and I'm trying to get the heater going. The blower seems to be fine, but the air is cold. Is there a heating element that can be replaced? If so, any directions on how to replace that?

Ok…so this isn’t a response specific to the ‘95 Echelon, but every heater I’ve seen routes the hot water from the block to a heater that has metal fins that heat up. The blower sends air over these fins and that’s what creates hot air.

likely there is either a valve that is turned off or some sort of blockage of the water from the engine to the heater core, the hose was removed, or there isn’t enough pressure from the water pump to circulate the hot water.

mid trace the water hose to the block and check flow through the heater as a first step.

Edited by braindamage

welcome to the crew.

likely that heater pulls hot water from the engine block and routes it through a heat exchanger (core) then the water is piped back to the block.

the fan moves cold air through the heat exchanger to warm it up and send it on it's way to the heater snorkels/vents.

i'd bet that you don't have any hot water moving through the heater core.  no water == no heat.

will the heater function after letting the engine warm up to operating temperature?  

if no heat after engine is at op. temp then @braindamage 's post is on the nose.  start chasing 3/4" hoses and see what you can find.

let us know what you find out.

• Like 1