Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Warranty hours limit

granddaddy55

4 minutes ago, Suggy said:

To my knowledge, the 500 hour is ONLY a limitation on MALIBU engines, and only on the engine. The remainder (screens, ballast, etc) are covered under the 5 years, but not the engine. If you have a boat with a Indmar/PCM, it should be 5 year no limitations.

Yeah, not correct either.  2016 T22 with PCM, warranty on engine was 3 yrs  / 300 hours in the Axis Crusader manual.  

On 11/18/2021 at 2:27 AM, Gene3x said:

Define stole please....

Build sheet in 2017 was $171,00 it has the 575 HP Engine.  Paid $94,00.  Boats in Montana same age and hours were listed for $140,00.  We sole that boat.

Not sure I agree.  Assuming standard discounts in 2017 were at least 25% off sticker (I was able to get 35% off in 2018) the prior owner paid around 128,000 for the boat.   Thus they only paid around $8500/year or $700/month use it a ton. No way that boat is selling anywhere near 140,000.   I think you got a fair deal but in no way “stole it”. Lol 

42 minutes ago, RCorsa said:

Not sure I agree.  Assuming standard discounts in 2017 were at least 25% off sticker (I was able to get 35% off in 2018) the prior owner paid around 128,000 for the boat.   Thus they only paid around $8500/year or $700/month use it a ton. No way that boat is selling anywhere near 140,000.   I think you got a fair deal but in no way “stole it”. Lol 

Yep, you are so correct.  https://www.launchwatersports.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=10985404&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory 

Lol. Interesting it’s still available at this price!  One thing you should understand is asking price and sales prices are far different in most cases but tell yourself whatever you want to make yourself feel better. 

On 11/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, Suggy said:

To my knowledge, the 500 hour is ONLY a limitation on MALIBU engines, and only on the engine. The remainder (screens, ballast, etc) are covered under the 5 years, but not the engine. If you have a boat with a Indmar/PCM, it should be 5 year no limitations.

indmar and PCM both had 500 hour limits since 2015 when the warranty went to 5 years

500 hours or 5 years is for both motor AND boat

300 if you have a Salt edition

On 11/22/2021 at 3:11 PM, shawndoggy said:

Yeah, not correct either.  2016 T22 with PCM, warranty on engine was 3 yrs  / 300 hours in the Axis Crusader manual.  

Back then, PCM was three years, Malibu covered the additional 2 years to make it a 5 year

1 minute ago, shawndoggy said:

Did they up the hours limit?

When Malibu started the 5 year warrenty, PCM was still stuck on the 300 hour or 3 year warranty.  Malibu in an act of good faith covered the years 4 and 5 up 500 hours.  When we would submit warranty pass the 300 hour or 3 year mark, it would get approval from Malibu, not PCM

4 hours ago, wakebrdr94 said:

When Malibu started the 5 year warrenty, PCM was still stuck on the 300 hour or 3 year warranty.  Malibu in an act of good faith covered the years 4 and 5 up 500 hours.  When we would submit warranty pass the 300 hour or 3 year mark, it would get approval from Malibu, not PCM

Correct.

On 11/30/2021 at 12:47 PM, RCorsa said:

Lol. Interesting it’s still available at this price!  One thing you should understand is asking price and sales prices are far different in most cases but tell yourself whatever you want to make yourself feel better. 

We are off subject, but I have seen 2014s and 2015s listed (and then the listing quickly disappear) at higher prices than what he bought the 2017 for.  I'd say he did very well on the purchase.  And if he is happy with what he paid, what does it matter anyway?