Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Warranty hours limit

granddaddy55

looking at the Axis 2020 warranty (the latest one we have posted on TMC) it's actually a bit confusing/contradictory.  There is a 500 hr limit, but it could be on "general construction," or it could be on drivetrain, depending which part a judge decides to read and which part the judge decides to disregard.

image.thumb.png.51e6d1e4a993ae68771ba44feec8dc9a.png

I’m actually amazed that given all the Malibu owners and years of experience that nobody  has chimed in here with a definitive answer. I realize the irony that I also don’t know but have only owned one prior Malibu which I sold after 3 years and 200 hours.  I’m sure my  new m240 will be no different but still it’s pretty amazing.  Lol 

I think you provided a clue in your comment.  Three years and 200 hours is probably pretty typical, most owners run out of years first.  Subtract from that the number of third owners that can't have warranty and second owners that did not know there was a formal transfer process or decided not to pay for the transfer.  Most boats probably are time limited and the hours don't matter.  Our first boat had high 90's in one season, second one 87 in the first season.  Would be a lot more if we had a lake house but frogs and wings...

• Like 1

Actually we lived in the city and moved to a lake house this last year. We actialaly put on way fewer hours and surfed much more living on the lake as we could go out for an hour or two and get a bunch of surfing in right off our dock whereas when we lived in in the city we had to do a half a day at a time just to get the boat out and driving to the surfable area without wake restrictions. I know it sounds paradoxical but that was our experience.  Anyway back on topic. I’m just surprised we still don’t have an answer here for the OP but yet someone knew the nautique policy. Lol 

53 minutes ago, RCorsa said:

Actually we lived in the city and moved to a lake house this last year. We actialaly put on way fewer hours and surfed much more living on the lake as we could go out for an hour or two and get a bunch of surfing in right off our dock whereas when we lived in in the city we had to do a half a day at a time just to get the boat out and driving to the surfable area without wake restrictions. I know it sounds paradoxical but that was our experience.  Anyway back on topic. I’m just surprised we still don’t have an answer here for the OP but yet someone knew the nautique policy. Lol 

That makes sense, hope I get a chance to validate your experience.  :-)

8 hours ago, RCorsa said:

I may be mistaken, but I'm nearly 100% confident that the warranty language is in the Owner's Manual.  

Interesting your experience living on the water vs off.  We are on the water as well. The lake we're on is not wake boat friendly.  So we keep our pontoon and our Response LXi there.  We ski there primarily.  We have rental homes on another lake a few miles away that's wake boat friendly.  We're there regularly and we put 108 hours on our 2021 this season.  2 years ago before we left that lake for where we are now, we put a total of 250 hours on 3 different boats.  The wake boat saw 100 hours, the ski boat saw 30 hours, and the remaining 120 hours were on the pontoon.  We would have dinner on the boat every night and wakeboard and surf as much as possible.  Skiing was always dawn patrol activities and we shared boats with other skiers.   

Sometimes we'd take the wake boat and the pontoon out at the same time.  We'd use the pontoon as a starting dock of sorts for watersports and tie-ups for lunch and dinner.  There's simply no better way to be than on the water. 

17 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

looking at the Axis 2020 warranty (the latest one we have posted on TMC) it's actually a bit confusing/contradictory.  There is a 500 hr limit, but it could be on "general construction," or it could be on drivetrain, depending which part a judge decides to read and which part the judge decides to disregard.

image.thumb.png.51e6d1e4a993ae68771ba44feec8dc9a.png

That's actually pretty common to have a longer period on the drivetrain components.

7 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Indmar has always been 500 hours and PCM switched to 1000 on the H6 engines. Don't see anything on Malibus website regrading hours. 

so thats their DI motor?  just purchased the 6.0 450 pcm,  wish i had 1000 hours for motor .  we meed it with our long seasons, 1000 hours is right at 5+ years down south 

ahopkins22LSV
4 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

so thats their DI motor?  just purchased the 6.0 450 pcm,  wish i had 1000 hours for motor .  we meed it with our long seasons, 1000 hours is right at 5+ years down south 

Maybe ask on the Nautique forum?

1 minute ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Maybe ask on the Nautique forum?

all i asked was the h6 their DI motor,  cole2001 brought it up and just wondered if he knew , problem?

2 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

That’s how it was a few years ago when the DI was first introduced. Nautiques site now says 1000 hours and nothing to do with engine but they’re all coming with the DI now. I know centurion with the HO was 500. 

Best way to find out is call your dealer with your engine HIN and have them look it up. 

I am brand new to the Malibu Crew- 1st surf boat.  We just stole a 2017 23 LSV with 485 hours and the warranty is in force after we did the warranty transfer.  No mention of hours.

1 hour ago, RCorsa said:

Ouch.  Doesn’t the warranty transfer cost $.  To think you paid for 15 hours of coverage.  The dealer should have filled you in.   Shady. 

Don’t you have to do the transfer to get the lifetime hull warranty? IDK

From the 2021 Malibu owner manual, "Select electronic emission-related control parts from model  year 2019 forward on Malibu Boats inboard engines are warranted for five (5)  years or 500 hours as recorded on the boat’s hour meter,  whichever comes first."

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BZN said:

I am brand new to the Malibu Crew- 1st surf boat.  We just stole a 2017 23 LSV with 485 hours and the warranty is in force after we did the warranty transfer.  No mention of hours.

Define stole please....

To my knowledge, the 500 hour is ONLY a limitation on MALIBU engines, and only on the engine. The remainder (screens, ballast, etc) are covered under the 5 years, but not the engine. If you have a boat with a Indmar/PCM, it should be 5 year no limitations.