Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rearview camera settings?

4mc

is there anyway to retrofit a camera if my boat didn't come with one?  It would be awesome to retrofit in a camera that can snap pics or even video.  anyone do something like this?

On 11/15/2021 at 10:05 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Button on the 12in screen will bring up live video at anytime. Don't think you can snap a still from it though.

Capture.PNG

On 11/15/2021 at 10:05 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Button on the 12in screen will bring up live video at anytime. Don't think you can snap a still from it though.

Capture.PNG

How do you start and stop recording?  Do you have to be moving to record?

The 2022 added the ability to record.  Just have not figured out how yet.

The new owner manual states...

"Now you can take videos or screenshots of the images that are show on the reverse camera feed." 

• Like 2

@4mc I apologize I'm not more help, but once you're in the camera setting there is a way to record. There's a small button you push to record or take screenshots. It downloads to the left hand screen as it has a built in hard drive. If you go into the app and bring up photos you can view them

On 11/15/2021 at 9:05 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Capture.PNG

So weird, we have the backup camera installed But the button on that screen is greyed out. It should work anytime the battery is on correct? 

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, SOcalSurfer said:

So weird, we have the backup camera installed But the button on that screen is greyed out. It should work anytime the battery is on correct? 

I don’t know if it will work at anytime the battery is on. We actually didn’t get it on our 2020 so I can’t go check and I don’t remember back to our 2019.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:50 AM, 4mc said:

Our rearview camera only turns on when in reverse.  Is there a setting to allow use for photos/videos when surfing?

I have a video I can send.    

Go to the camera button on the main dash.  Touch the rear camera button at the top to manually activate it.   This will be the screen you see.  There should be a red X in the top right corner and two pale blue buttons along the right side. One is a camera and the other is a video camera. When you touch the video camera a red X will appear and remain  and it indicates it is recording.   Touch the red X again to stop and the red X goes away.  The video is stored on the hard drive of the boat.

you can go to your side screen and touch the android and access the video. You can trim the video in size and you can send it to your phone from that screen.   

4E8B1803-3E2A-461E-9B6B-4EE6BE132B78.jpeg

• Like 3
On 11/27/2021 at 6:09 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

I don’t know if it will work at anytime the battery is on. We actually didn’t get it on our 2020 so I can’t go check and I don’t remember back to our 2019.

Figured it out! On the smaller screen you have to go into boat configuration and activate the options. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, 4mc said:

Got it working.  Not totally stoked on this option.  Image is angled to low.  At a surf speed of 12.4 mph just see surfer from neck down.  Camera seems to be angled to low.

Its original intention is to be a safety feature, not an action camera which is why its pointed at the platform.  That said, I generally use it instead of a mirror and don't have any issues with the angle but some boats may ride more 'bow high' that others which would impact the angle of the shot.  

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

I have a 2021 23 LSV with factory camera. It doesn't have the record buttons on the screen. It appears this may have been added in 2022. I was woundering if a firmware update would fix this? I am running the latest over the air updates.

• 4 weeks later...