Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GM pulling heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheels due to chip shortage

UWSkier

I also love the Ford keypad because it allows you to hide a key inside the truck and never think about it again. The only issue is when coming back to the truck sometimes you want to unlock it before you get there… like if you want to lower the tailgate first or it’s cold and your kids are waiting to be let in. In these cases it’s kind of a pain to have to arrive at the driver door to punch in the code. Also, to lock the doors… you have to wait there at the door until all the other doors are closed before you can lock it and walk away. Still a great feature. And you can always carry your fob the traditional way. 

The Ford app is cool as it allows you to lock, unlock, or start the truck from anywhere in the world.  But I wouldn’t want to use it as my primary way to get in. Too many clicks on your phone to do it and there’s significant latency  

I’ll tell ya the best keyless system I’ve ever had is in my new BMW X5. I have it programmed to lock itself and fold the mirrors as I walk away. You hear a beep too so you know it happened. When I come back it unlocks itself as I approach and the mirrors fold back out. I can even open the hatch by just kicking my foot under the rear bumper. 

Onstar is crap. I can’t believe GM is still hanging onto that antiquated service. 

17 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Also, to lock the doors… you have to wait there at the door until all the other doors are closed before you can lock it and walk away.

That has not been my experience with Ford keyless entry.  You can press 7/8 & 9/0 at the same time and it will actuate the locks, even with the doors open.  I use that feature a lot.

57 minutes ago, justgary said:

That has not been my experience with Ford keyless entry.  You can press 7/8 & 9/0 at the same time and it will actuate the locks, even with the doors open.  I use that feature a lot.

On my F250 we have to wait like @IXFE notes.  My 2015 Expedition we do not.  I am not sure why they are different of if I can change it somewhere in settings.  

8 hours ago, hethj7 said:

On my F250 we have to wait like @IXFE notes.  My 2015 Expedition we do not.  I am not sure why they are different of if I can change it somewhere in settings.  

Are you guys sure you didn't buy a Toyota?

OK, so I just read a thread on the F150 Forum that suggests that it is different if you have push button start (keyless fob).  I don't have that; I have to use an actual key to start the engine.  Well, unless I use the start feature on the fob.  Then I have to use an actual key to go anywhere.