Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Supporting folded tower?

uk_exile

I’ve got a Titan 3 on my RLXi and it needs to be lowered each time we park the boat as storage roof isn’t quite high enough. Does anyone have clever ideas on how to support it as I don’t want to leave it resting on the glass screen and rear lockers. 

I used a 5 gallon bucket on the dog box for the front hoop and a saw horse on the back when pulling the boat in and out of our barn.  I did hang both hoops from screw eyes with ratchet straps after we were in the barn and couldn't put the tower all the way up.  I was worried about the bucket making an imprint in the dog box padding over time.  Just don't forget to lower the tower off the screw eyes before pulling back out! 

It's at lake so will be lowered while on slightly bumpy grass then back it onto paving under the roof. Currently thinking straps from bow eye to each hoop. Attach the starps before removing the bolts so limited chance of an oops moment. Hopefully the straps clear the screen. I'll report back on how I get on.

Discovered that can’t use straps from bow eye as it’s almost in alignment with the deck mounts and the top of tower hoops. No support or high chance of strap stretching and then the hoop falling.

So back to designing solid cradle for each tower hoop………or keeping with the strap idea a pole mounted off the trailer or winch mount so that strap attachment point is well above the deck.