Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 T22 Ballast plumbing diagram

calistang1966

I recently purchased a 2016 T22.  Have only had it on the water twice and love it.  I am the kind of person who wants to know every detail of how things work so I am trying to figure out the ballast plumbing. 

It has the stock center and rear hard tanks with the plug n play rear(750) and front bags(650).  From what I can tell the rear bags are plumbed into the hard tanks.  It looks like there is a hose coming from the front of the bag and the rear.  So I just had a few questions

1) are these plumbed into the hard tanks?

2) what fills first, hard tanks or bags?

3) is there a way to fill only the hard tanks for wakeboarding when the extra bags are not needed?

4) does anyone have a diagram of how all the hoses work? Which ones are fill/drain/vent?

5) is there a way to auto vent the rear bags so they don’t have to be burped.

6) any advice on getting more weight up front since the bag fills and pops up the cushion?

sorry for all the questions but I feel the more I understand how it works the better I can get the wave/wake dialed in.

any advice on set up would be great too.  Thanks!

12 minutes ago, calistang1966 said:

1) are these plumbed into the hard tanks?

YES

2) what fills first, hard tanks or bags?

HARD TANKS OVERFLOW INTO THE BAGS, BAGS DRAIN BACK INTO HARD TANKS.

3) is there a way to fill only the hard tanks for wakeboarding when the extra bags are not needed?

NOT REALLY.  WELL ACTUALLY YES... JUST TURN THE SWITCHES OFF.  THEN THEY WON'T KEEP PUMPING WATER.  USUALLY THE REAR TANKS WILL FILL ABOUT THE SAME TIME THAT THE BOW CUSION STARTS TO POP UP.

4) does anyone have a diagram of how all the hoses work? Which ones are fill/drain/vent?

5) is there a way to auto vent the rear bags so they don’t have to be burped.

YES, WAKEMAKERS SELLS A KIT: https://www.wakemakers.com/malibu-autovent-upgrade-kit.html

6) any advice on getting more weight up front since the bag fills and pops up the cushion?

400LBS OF LEAD IN THE WALKWAY.  JUST BE SURE TO MOVE IT BACK OVER THE TRAILER AXLES FOR TOWING SO YOUR TONGUE WEIGHT DOESN'T GET CRAZY.

sorry for all the questions but I feel the more I understand how it works the better I can get the wave/wake dialed in.

any advice on set up would be great too.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Do the bags fill from the front or rear hose? Wondering if I could install a shut off valve to the bags then when the hard tanks are full it would come out the side.

2 minutes ago, calistang1966 said:

Do the bags fill from the front or rear hose? Wondering if I could install a shut off valve to the bags then when the hard tanks are full it would come out the side.

I'm sure it could be figured out.  IMHO weighting the boat isn't that precise, so I don't think there's really that much value in the mod.  If you get someone up behind the boat and there's a little too much weight in the back, just drain for 30 seconds and call it good.