Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Faster fill/drain for piggy back bags?

ROFF

Looking for a solution for faster fill/drain of the piggy back bags.    We are a pretty good mix of surf/foil/wakeboard and would be great to reduce those times.    Any suggestions?    Was thinking of ditching the piggy back and using some reversible pumps for the locker bags.   Maybe even tying them into the rear pumps to take advantage of the automation.    Not sure of flow rates but thought it would be cool if I could fill/drain the bags in the same amount of time the rear hard tanks fill.    

Open to suggestions.  

What about keeping the piggy system and adding the reversible pumps to the locker bags while tying the reversibles into the rear pumps? If you tie them together, the aerator is filling and draining while the reversible is and if you ditch, then you have a bunch of overflow while your still filling the bag. Similar with draining, the aerator is running dry while the reversible is still draining. Keep it tied together and add the reversible increases fill/drain times that much more. Big question is do you have enough bag ports. If so, that's probably the route I would go.

1 hour ago, ROFF said:

Looking for a solution for faster fill/drain of the piggy back bags.    We are a pretty good mix of surf/foil/wakeboard and would be great to reduce those times.    Any suggestions?    Was thinking of ditching the piggy back and using some reversible pumps for the locker bags.   Maybe even tying them into the rear pumps to take advantage of the automation.    Not sure of flow rates but thought it would be cool if I could fill/drain the bags in the same amount of time the rear hard tanks fill.    

Open to suggestions.  

Let me start that I can barely spell ballast systems and according to everyone on the internet reversible pumps are the way to go. However, do you know what piggy back system is installed on your boat? We installed the new version from Wakemakers with 4 ports per bag and was really impressed with the fill and drain times but don't have anything to compare it to.

There is a thread on TMC where someone just sourced the fittings and upgraded their existing piggy back system. 

Just an idea.

Good Luck.

Mine is the Wakemakers system with 4 ports in each bag.     My thoughts at this point are to run reversibles to the bags which I would slave to the factory fill/drain pumps controlled by the MTC.   The ideal setup would fill the bags at a rate proportional to the hard tanks to reach full/empty at similar times.   Thinking a separate 4 position switch for each as well with Slave/OFF/Fill/Drain