Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wich prop for wakeboarding

Diotax

Hi every body  !

i m wakeboarding  (90%  and  10% surf  : no ski)

Actualy i have :

- 2014 wakesetter LSV 23 / 

- mounsoon 409 ss

- tanks factory + 2x450 (rear) + 450 middle + 675 in bow

- Prop 14 x 15.5

And i m hesitating between  

14,5 x 13.75  or     15 x 14.25

Thank you for yours  advices

Regards 

Xavier

On 11/10/2021 at 11:50 PM, shawndoggy said:

15x12 (2419, 2315 or 2313 from least aggressive cup to most)

15x13 (2773)

numbers are acme. 

personally I’d go 2315. 

Do you pratice wakeboard or just the surf ?   What is the weight inside the boat ?

1 hour ago, Diotax said:

Do you pratice wakeboard or just the surf ?   What is the weight inside the boat ?

I do not wakeboard much anymore. However, I did own a 2014 23 LSV with the LS3 (450) motor, and wakeboarded a lot back then. 

we are at about 4000’ ASL (1200M). 

if you want to be sure to get the boat up on plane for wakeboarding, you want a 12 pitch prop. If you were ONLY surfing you might get away with a higher pitched prop (13-14), but you would definitely hit a “speed wall” (point at which the boat gets stuck and won’t go fast enough to get on plane for wakeboarding). When that happens you will likely need to empty ballast especially from the rear of the boat. 

you will also want to be sure to balance the ballast to be no more than 60% in the rear of the boat. If you fill the plug and play bags in the rear of the boat you will need to add extra ballast (external bags or lead) in the front, no matter which prop you choose.