Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

88 Malibu Skier Tachometer

Hi All,

My tachometer in my 1988 Skier has gone from twitchy to outright useless. The boat in winter storage now, and I forgot to measure it before I put it away. Few questions:

1: Anyone know what size the original tachometer is for an 88 Skier?

2: Anyone know of an outfit that can rebuild/restore the original tachometer?

3: What did you use as a replacement? (Have my eye on the Faria F33004 tachometer. Black/Blue colors match close enough to the color scheme of the rest of the gauges.)

spacer.png

Cheers

Edited by pencap914

The connections at the distributor are fine for sure. I actually replaced the distributor with an MSD billet unit. Only visually checked the connections at the tach, but never actually put an ohm meter on them to find out if there's a connectivity issue. Perhaps that should be the next step.