Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Questions about my new purchase: 2019 Malibu 22LSV

cfdavey

Can anyone help me with any of these questions? 

First, the previous owner took the cooler or for whatever reason it's not in there. I'd like a hard cooler and wonder if anyone knows hard coolers that will fit in there? It seems like a pretty vast space but not sure without measuring it. 

Also, does the warranty cover sea deck? I have 2 spots that are bubbling up pretty good. 

Lastly, have any of you put sea decking on the top of the decking, including the front bow section? I'm looking at doing that for traction when you jump off. 

I guess that's it. Love my new boat and can't wait for spring. 

Thanks to anyone who know the answers? 

Edited by cfdavey
10 minutes ago, cfdavey said:

Can anyone help me with any of these questions? 

First, the previous owner took the cooler or for whatever reason it's not in there. I'd like a hard cooler and wonder if anyone knows hard coolers that will fit in there? It seems like a pretty vast space but not sure without measuring it. 

Also, does the warranty cover sea deck? I have 2 spots that are bubbling up pretty good. 

Lastly, have any of you put sea decking on the top of the decking, including the front bow section? I'm looking at doing that for traction when you jump off. 

I guess that's it. Love my new boat and can't wait for spring. 

Thanks to anyone who know the answers? 

I can't answer the cooler question.

Warranty covers soft grip flooring.

There is a deck trac kit that Malibu sells, or you could go to the gator step website and see what they have to offer.  I'm confident they have something for not only the bow, but also the gunwales amidship and at the stern. 

• Like 2

This is what they list. I'm assuming what I want is the bow, front deck and rear deck. The pic shows a thinner section that looks like it runs on the the section I want to cover. Don't know boat terminology but assume this is right. 

PARTS

Bow$28.64

Front Deck$113.44

Floor$670.32

Side Panels$96.25

Under Cushion$68.75

Storage$1,102.30

Rear Deck$56.14

Swim Step$413.64

The cooler wasn’t a loss to you. I would look at a quality soft sided replacement that might be slightly larger than the one it is replacing. That way you won’t have just a 1 trick pony cooler and you can use it outside of the boat. My OEM Igloo is literally a chip and red solo cup box. Plus it is a PITA to get out of that spot without rolling it in. I used/stayed with SeaDek on my 2019 so it matches what is in it. I used GS on my 2010 and had nothing but great experiences dealing with them. 

Edited by wdr
Sp

I almost positive this is the stock cooler and like @wdrits a piece of crap but it fits.  I've been looking for a better hard sided cooler without any luck. The problem is the height its only 13" high and all the others I've looked at are 15" plus.  It's a pain making people move to get a drink too. That's why we normally use our Yeti hopper and just leave it out on the floor.

https://www.amazon.com/Igloo-Marine-36-Qt-Cooler/dp/B000Y87JP2/ref=asc_df_B000Y87JP2/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=194852051030&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15391983903723900004&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019583&hvtargid=pla-309679365102&psc=1

Congrats on the new boat.

7 minutes ago, wdr said:

Yep same cooler. Love me some RTIC coolers. I have a Yeti, but it was a gift.

x2 have a hard and soft sided rtic. Favorite coolers forsure. 

• 1 month later...

The cooler was an option and may or may not have been purchased.. You can get one from the malibu dealer or directly from AO coolers minus the Malibu logo. Its a high quality soft sided cooler in the $100 range.  It works great, is easy to carry but it goes under the seat..So everyone has to get up to get at it.