Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 VLX - Help with Approximate Value for Insurance Purposes?

95echelon

Hey all, I know boat values have shot up recently and I am worried I am underinsured at $34,000. I bought it in 2015 for $26k and have put in a bunch of upgrades. This is the last year before everything went digital and drive by wire but also the first year of the V25 wake hull. It throws a killer surf wave with the shaper and it might be one of the best wakeboarding hulls ever made.

Specs:

• 2005 Malibu VLX w/ V25 Wake Hull in Great shape. Updated graphics and kept polished
  • Monsoon 340 @ 1500 hours (damper plate has been redone and updated). Runs like a top.
  • Dual axle trailer with custom rims and new tires
  • Titan 3 Tower with Bimini, 4 racks (2 spinners), 4 LED lights for night surfing.
  • Shower, Fresh Air Exhaust, Manual Wedge and underwater lighting
  • Completely custom stereo system with sub, 3 amps, 420BT controller, all wet-sounds except tower speakers are the 4 pack of Kicker HLCD.
  • 3 outlet heater
  • Perfect Pass
  • 3 props
  • ~4100 pounds of ballast
  • Most of the Vinyl has been redone and all is in good shape.
  • All service records are there an everything has been done at recommended intervals. Stored in a covered lift and indoors during winter.
  • Everything is in Good to Great condition with nothing broken.

Any thoughts on what I should insure it for? I am seeing 2006 LSV's going for 50k :shocked:

Edited by 95echelon

I sold my 2011 Vride with GSA and ballast, stereo upgrades to a family member for 50k end of July, probably could have gotten a bit more from another buyer to be honest, but it was a fair deal for both of us.  Basically the same boat you have, just a bit newer with the G3 tower.  I had it insured for a couple years at 60k agreed value including the trailer because I didn’t want to end up with a lessor boat if I had a total loss.  Cost was very minimal for the extra value. I made the change to the original policy before this crazy market exploded. Value was likely between 40 to 45k at the time of change, FWIW.