Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding a power seat?

mtvnuccio

I have a 2020 A22  and its getting old trying to see over the windshield. I've been thinking about adding a power seat like the ones that malibu has on the 25 lsv's. I found the electric seat lift on line for about $700. anyone have any thoughts about this or any problems I might run into?

I am looking for the same thing, the wife has problems seeing over the windshield when I wakesurf and my son is to big to put in any spacers. 

I found a couple of options on this form but would like to see what folks are saying

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/springfield-boat-power-seat-lift-127338-pef1-malibu-3-inch-aluminum

https://www.seatsinc.com/products/marine/marine-accessories/

Edited by phinz
  • 2 months later...

@phinz, did you end up going with the power seat? I am interested in doing the same and looking at the website it says it’s made for Malibu boats. Just wondering if is the same as the one used at factory, in Australia they were quoting this as a $2k option 😬

15 hours ago, AusBU said:

@phinz, did you end up going with the power seat? I am interested in doing the same and looking at the website it says it’s made for Malibu boats. Just wondering if is the same as the one used at factory, in Australia they were quoting this as a $2k option 😬

I have not done anything on it yet but if I did I would go with the Springfield one. 

23 hours ago, AusBU said:

9 hours ago, dalt1 said:

The Springfield one is identical to the one in my 18 LSV. The plug up top is for the heated seat cushion option. Might as well add it at the same time.

Any chance you can get a couple of close up pics of how it is installed? I hope there is already a hole for the post as I don’t want to go cutting into flooring 

15 hours ago, AusBU said:

Any chance you can get a couple of close up pics of how it is installed? I hope there is already a hole for the post as I don’t want to go cutting into flooring 

This is the whole assembly lifted off the fiberglass where it is screwed down. Will need about a 4" or 6" hole. No worry cutting it it will be totally covered when alum plate gets screwed down. This is also where my weld failed.image.thumb.png.1309628a8dd8b09f037e8dc911efb619.png

Edited by dalt1
36 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

This is the whole assembly lifted off the fiberglass where it is screwed down. Will need about a 4" or 6" hole. No worry cutting it it will be totally covered when alum plate gets screwed down. This is also where my weld failed.image.thumb.png.1309628a8dd8b09f037e8dc911efb619.png

Where do you have the switch for moving it up and down?