Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to place extra ballast on new 25 LSV?

4mc

Boat will be delivered Thursday. Plan to break in over the weekend and have first oil change next week.  Then surfs-up.

I have 750 lbs of steel ballast (50 lbs bags) left over from my old yamaha.  Any recommendations of where to place (and how much weight to use)?

Also, anyone know how big the plug and play sacks are that are typiclally installed? Our build sheet only shows $975 for pnp ballast.

Edited by 4mc
Typo

Do you really think you're going to need lead??  That thing is a beast.  I'm not sure lead is going to be necessary, but a little playing around would be fun.  I would think it should be pretty amazing out of the box and that any lead required would be minimal.  

• Like 2

I have no extra ballast nor have we had a large crew out yet (7 people). WSA suggested 150lbs under the observer’s seat. I can confirm by moving people around in the boat that that seems right and if nothing else it definitely minimizes the torque steer we experience with the LT4 and speed prop when surfing left. Surfing right produces an incredible wave.

Otherwise we just fill her up and adjust speed and wedge to peoples taste. No complaints.

• Like 2

Sounds awesome.  Assumed I would need it.  My friends new centurion likes an extra 200 lbs in the rear lockers.

Assume the 150lbs below the passenger seat is still a good call to balance out weight and deal with prop rotation.

M.C.