Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PHOTOS - 2012 Malibu Response Txi - PHOTOS NEEDED

I need photos of the underwater gear on a 2012 Response Txi. I have a beautiful boat but I had a direct hit on a submerged log last month and the mechanic was unable to deliver the repair with the proper parts. I suspect there was some mix up in communication combined with low inventory/supply chain difficulty.  I am 100% certain that he replaced a tracking fin with the wrong part, but have strong suspicion that the rudder assembly and possibly the driveshaft assembly and strut could be wrong as well. 

If anyone could take some detailed photos of those parts with any identifying stamps etc it would be MUCH appreciated!!  
Please let me know if you can help. I’m also available to text or call. 

Brad 703-415-6490 

6 hours ago, Woodski said:

Marine Hardware supplies the underwater parts, they have a website.  Hope that is a little help for you since I can’t provide any TXI pics.

Thank you I’ll search their site. Yeah I’ve been searching hard and having difficulty in particular with confirming the rudder assembly supplied is the proper one. I don’t have good photos of the damaged one that came off the boat but i am almost certain the one they supplied is different. The boat is my passion so I’m getting a little obsessed due to the extensive repair that is being done!!

@Bradskis - chaabo shot you a good pic of the rudder, that one has been the standard tourney boat rudder for years (LX, LXi, TXI) so should be fairly easy to get one.  Note the rudder has an adjustment tab to allow for adjusting proper or wanted amount of steering torque.  Older rudders don't have that and the adjustment is done with a grinder.  Not sure, but I think there is only one option as a choice for rudder so probably hard to miss if you at least have the picture as a reference.  The MC and CC rudders are different shapes.  If you whacked something, check the strut and fins for alignment and straightness & I suggest an engine alignment to confirm no binding.

I think you want:  RPTT-1.00ASM-M, page 39 of the Marine Hardware running gear catalog.

Edited by Woodski
5 hours ago, Chaabo said:

Thank you! This is exactly what the mechanic put on my boat but I have been convinced it’s different  than what came off. I could just be wrong about that. It’s good to get confirmation that what he put on is correct!

1 hour ago, Woodski said:

@Bradskis - chaabo shot you a good pic of the rudder, that one has been the standard tourney boat rudder for years (LX, LXi, TXI) so should be fairly easy to get one.  Note the rudder has an adjustment tab to allow for adjusting proper or wanted amount of steering torque.  Older rudders don't have that and the adjustment is done with a grinder.  Not sure, but I think there is only one option as a choice for rudder so probably hard to miss if you at least have the picture as a reference.  The MC and CC rudders are different shapes.  If you whacked something, check the strut and fins for alignment and straightness & I suggest an engine alignment to confirm no binding.

I think you want:  RPTT-1.00ASM-M, page 39 of the Marine Hardware running gear catalog.

Yeah it’s a big repair. Tracking fin was lost, strut bent beyond repair, driveshaft bent, prop bent, rudder bent. I’m replacing it all because I don’t want to risk trying to straighten so many things. The prop believe it or not was only minor damage so we are repairing it. The rest are replacements.