Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Options on 25LSV

GSell14

Placed an order for a new 25 LSV which will be my third Bu.  And there are two options and I am debating: interior flip down step and RGB.

We are in our 50's and athletic but we have friends who join occasionally who are in good to decent shape but are not athletic.  And they have appreciated the flip down swim step plus all the ladies (athletic or not appreciate it).  So I was wondering if the flip down interior step would be beneficial when docking and exiting the boat.

Also, looking at the RGB package.  Have heard that there have been instances where this sometimes introduces noise into the stereo system.  (Don't have the time to invest in a DIY alternative)

Thanks for any feedback.

• Like 2

I’m opting for the flip downs on my 22, 

here was my rationale, those corner seats see the majority of the traffic in and out of the boat and even if I’m the only one that puts them down that will be considerably less traffic on them than not. My past 2 boats the softer foam and vinyl shows that wear and tear over time.

On the RGB the $$ can be hard to justify? But they sure to look cool if you are on the water after dark, the option is still 2500’ish dollars after discount. That one is a personal decision to bling out, or No

Had the flip down seats on our 24 MXZ. I loved them and used them almost every time entering and exiting the boat. No one else cared for them, nor used them, ever.

We skipped the flip down seats on our new 25 LSV for two reasons. 1. They change the look of the upholstery accents too much for our taste. 2. We took the money and put it towards the LT4.

We also skipped the RGB lighting. It’s pretty cool, but again, wanted the LT4 and tried hard not to blow up the cost of the boat.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Here’s what I’m talking about on the flip downs.

pulled this screen grab on the new 25 video, this boat is brand new and already has a wrinkle in the high traffic spot in the walk through.

F9BDF25F-2224-4D97-9A2A-EC399402F96A.jpeg

I've noted this on our 2021 23LSV.  That center seat gets totally abused with traffic in and out of the cabin.  I've only got 108 hours on the boat and the vinyl has stretched considerably and the foam is notably softer in that area vs all other areas on the boat. The flip down seats are a consideration for us in our next boat.  But, they may get nixed for other features.  

I also agree with @DFWon how the flip down seats deter from the appears of the cabin space.  I like the idea, but the execution leaves a little to be desired. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 9:04 AM, Stevo said:

Here’s what I’m talking about on the flip downs.

pulled this screen grab on the new 25 video, this boat is brand new and already has a wrinkle in the high traffic spot in the walk through.

F9BDF25F-2224-4D97-9A2A-EC399402F96A.jpeg

Can't save the upholstery if nobody uses them.  I even thought it was difficult to flip them down every time but the main reason I did not get them again is that when I would stand in the back corner the metal from the hinge would dig into my feet.  I hate exposed fiber glass and metal than I am subject to hit my feet on. 

4 hours ago, Gene3x said:

Can't save the upholstery if nobody uses them.  I even thought it was difficult to flip them down every time but the main reason I did not get them again is that when I would stand in the back corner the metal from the hinge would dig into my feet.  I hate exposed fiber glass and metal than I am subject to hit my feet on. 

I’ll use them, and make the recommendation for others to do so. even if I’m the only one who regularly flips them down being the biggest in the crew it will have a positive effect for me.

• Like 2

If anyone has a 2022 25lsv with the GX on a triple axle trailer with 18’s

can you measure boat tower height when folded? 

edit: I believe the racks are the high point when folded, so looking for the high point

Edited by Stevo

Yes to the interior flip down steps. One of my favorite features.

No to RGB. You have to get the wakeview bench seat, so if you're not getting that option you'd have to add that plus RGB. I know you said no to DIY, but you could probably get a much nicer set up from a professional (not DIY) for less than what Malibu offers. Cool feature, but for $2,500 is it worth it? Save it and spend it elsewhere for the two times a year you'll use it.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m late to the conversation, but I originally had both of these options on my build. I took off the flip down seats because of how plain they looked without the new accent stitching. Personal preference as I know they can be a benefit with preserving the seats, but I never had them in my 2017 23LSV either and never had traffic mark issues. I’d definitely recommend the upgraded “cool touch” vinyl though. It is much thicker and seems more durable than the standard stuff now. 

My dealer talked me out of the RGB package because of how much less the include now vs previous years. Once they read me the list of what is lit up vs what is not it was a no brained for me to spend that option money somewhere else. Good luck though. I love these boats!