Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat shifted on trailer

MalibuRyan

Hey Crew, 

I took the boat out for one last run today before pulling her for winter. I always try and get the boat as perfectly centered as possible. In my head, it evens out the weight, better for the hull etc. I had it damn near perfect, within half an inch lol. 

Then on the way home, some asshat pulled out in front of me and had to break hard. Boat slide up and made it slightly off center. I never usually have it this far up or store it for the winter without it being perfectly centered. 

Maybe I am just crazy and over protective about it. Curious if you guys are as much of a perfectionist as I am about it being centered and how far up you pull the boat(See pictures below). 

Appreciate the info, hope everyone is well and had a great boating season. 

Ryan

IMG_8609.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

IMG_8612.jpg

IMG_8613.jpg

IMG_8617.jpg

IMG_8618.jpg

Lol. I do the same. I’ve even watch it in the side mirror as it comes out of the water to make sure it settles centered. If not I back it in again and have my crew hold it in place so it’s perfect on the trailer. 😂

10 hours ago, IJM said:

Lol. I do the same. I’ve even watch it in the side mirror as it comes out of the water to make sure it settles centered. If not I back it in again and have my crew hold it in place so it’s perfect on the trailer. 😂

I do the SAME lol! Sometimes it takes about 5 tries and my fiance in the boat to try and hold it center. I'm so OCD about it being center. 

5 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Other than that front support needing looked at it, I wouldn’t sweat the position of the boat over the winter.   

Did you have transom straps on when it slid?

Yes the straps were on and tight when it slide. Straps were loose when I parked it and saw how much it slide forward.

4 hours ago, oldjeep said:

That's a weak design.  Movable post and the bolts don't go through the frame.  But it'll be fine sitting there.

Thanks for the info, will have to fix this when I pull boat off trailer next. Was just worried ab out the potential pressure on the boat by it resting "harder" on that now.

2 hours ago, Rednucleus said:

When it comes to trailering, one of my OCD items is to release tension off the winch strap once I am home and boat's put to bed.

I do the same. Once it's parked and not moving for the winter, I loosen the rear straps and the one in the front so it's not on that full tension all winter. 

I would be more worried about the trailer.  The boat is not perfect but pretty close.  I don’t think I have ever looked at a Malibu or Axis trailer with bolts in that location.  I would have the trailer corrected and weld that up.  That’s just me though.