Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looks like I may be back in the Bu family. Looking for advice on 2000 Response LX

Malibuzer

@Malibuzer - As you research doing an interior redo, new material vinyl options are on the market such as 'cool vinyl' that might be attractive to your project.  A litany of textures, colors and styles are available.   The jump seat could also be a home project option, there is a member that make one and documented the process.  I believe posted here and on Ball of Spray.

As for things done, does it have speed control?  If not or even if it has the Malibu version, Perfect Pass would be item #1 on the list.  You won't regret it.  Particularly as you are in Calgary, as you are having the seats redone, I highly recommend installing seat heaters to the captain and tourney seats.  The CFO will really appreciate it on those crisp days.  

5 minutes ago, Woodski said:

@Malibuzer - As you research doing an interior redo, new material vinyl options are on the market such as 'cool vinyl' that might be attractive to your project.  A litany of textures, colors and styles are available.   The jump seat could also be a home project option, there is a member that make one and documented the process.  I believe posted here and on Ball of Spray.

As for things done, does it have speed control?  If not or even if it has the Malibu version, Perfect Pass would be item #1 on the list.  You won't regret it.  Particularly as you are in Calgary, as you are having the seats redone, I highly recommend installing seat heaters to the captain and tourney seats.  The CFO will really appreciate it on those crisp days.  

No cruise control in it.  I was surprised by that.  I will be installing perfect pass!  It was a life saver in our VTX's!   Seat heaters are not a bad idea.  I always have had the heated drivers seat.  Got any link to a decent heater kit for the drivers and passenger seat?

I have along list of items to do this winter.   Removed the platform to find that it has been rubbing the back of the boat quite bad.  Not sure is I get a pro to fix it, or try and tackle the gouges myself.  I have not done gel before.

• Gel coat repairs 
  • Interior repairs
  • Install perfect pass
  • Trailer bearings
  • Maybe redo the trailer (Bed liner?)
  • Shaft packing change
  • Refinish platform
  • Add platform pins
  • Install platform hatch latch
  • Upgrade stereo
  • Purchase bimini
  • Install tower?
  • Replace steering cable
  • Replace oil pressure switch

• Like 2

For that boat I'd recommend a Titan tower.  I has the Series I on my Skier and we super happy with it.  If you can find a T III you're really set.  :)   I bought the T III on the Sunsetter used for a 23LSV and cut it down to fit the smaller DD.  Tons of work but worth it.

• Like 3

For the platform....Starbrite Tropical Teak Sealer in Classic Teak after sanding that platform and cleaning it with a teak cleaner will have it looking good. 

I love that stuff so much I just finished our custom front porch doors with it!  It's easy to touch up and looks fantastic.  

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

If you're going to do all that, you should do the exhaust hoses and fuel lines as well, and while that's all apart, drop the rudder and replace the strut bushings.

I will take a good look at them when I get it apart.  Fuel lines are a great idea.  

Alright Crew!  I have been looking for what seems like days now!  I remember seeing a picture of a response and they had added swim ladders to the rear seat turning it into a sundeck!  I cannot find it for the life of me!  I have searched using google and the crew Search function!  Tons of other topics, but that one I cannot find!  

Edited by Malibuzer
1 hour ago, Malibuzer said:

ALright Crew!  I have been looking for what seems like days now!  I remember seeing a picture of a response and they had added swim ladders to the rear seat turning it into a sundeck!  I cannot find it for the life of me!  I have searched using google and the crew Search function!  Tons of other topics, but that one I cannot find!  

23 minutes ago, REHinH20 said:

is it possible that was something that didn't make it over in the "snafu" we had?  Maybe @Ronnie or another moderator can say for sure...I could be wrong, has happened before!

Several things could've happened. How long ago did you see the pic?

If it was back in the few weeks that our host lost some data, it's gone.

If it was posted and removed, it's gone.

4 minutes ago, Malibuzer said:

Found it!  

@RonnieIs it just me or has the Crew been acting weird?  Really slow  and fails loading quite a bit?

https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/47296-jump-seat/&

I haven't seen what you are describing. You might restart your computer and clear your cache. OR maybe it's cold in Canada and not in Texas.... :)

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I haven't seen what you are describing. You might restart your computer and clear your cache. OR maybe it's cold in Canada and not in Texas.... :)

Funny!  Its still pretty decent right now!  But that coming to a quick end.  Was out of the Victory for a long ride last night!  I will clear the cache.  My PC has some issues.  It is time to get a new one.  Find me a good job in Texas and I am on my way!

11 minutes ago, Malibuzer said:

Funny!  Its still pretty decent right now!  But that coming to a quick end.  Was out of the Victory for a long ride last night!  I will clear the cache.  My PC has some issues.  It is time to get a new one.  Find me a good job in Texas and I am on my way!

I bet there's a job here for you. Almost every one I know has one...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Malibuzer said:

Found it!  

@RonnieIs it just me or has the Crew been acting weird?  Really slow  and fails loading quite a bit?

https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/47296-jump-seat/&

I forgot about that mod....that was a good one for sure and made me wish my Sunsetter was setup that way.  It's a double edged sword since I have the seat base as storage now which is hard to give up!!

On 10/22/2021 at 5:20 PM, Malibuzer said:

On the same topic.  I am thinking about putting a tower on it to just get the skis and kneeboards out of the boat.  Any suggestions?  And Don't say "Kneeboards?"  or why ruin the boat with a tower!  The Boss lady loves kneeboarding and that's a compromise I can make!

I did a monster tower on my sunsetter. Didnt hurt that they are local to me and their support was awesome. Easy afternoon project. Did a good bit of kneeboardimg behind it too!

1 hour ago, mxmark4 said:

I did a monster tower on my sunsetter. Didnt hurt that they are local to me and their support was awesome. Easy afternoon project. Did a good bit of kneeboardimg behind it too!

Nice!  I am looking around here pretty hard!  The exchange rate and shipping to Canada is atrocious right now! 

If you go the Monster tower route count on welding the universal joints on the top tube where it meets the legs.  Our Sunsetter had one on it before I went T III and if you don;t weld the joints plan on stopping on the lake 2-3 times and breaking out the allen wrench to tighten up the joints.  Even with couple stops you'll listen to that thing creak if someone pulls hard on the rope or you are going through choppy water.  I'll never buy another aluminum/universal tower again after dealing with that thing.  

5 minutes ago, martinarcher said:

If you go the Monster tower route count on welding the universal joints on the top tube where it meets the legs.  Our Sunsetter had one on it before I went T III and if you don;t weld the joints plan on stopping on the lake 2-3 times and breaking out the allen wrench to tighten up the joints.  Even with couple stops you'll listen to that thing creak if someone pulls hard on the rope or you are going through choppy water.  I'll never buy another aluminum/universal tower again after dealing with that thing.  

Good info.  What type would you suggest?  I will still need to fold it down to get in the garage.

Edited by Malibuzer

That is what I would like to install!  That is a lot of money once I convert to CDN loonies and get it delivered!  I do have a fly high pole for the short term.  Hoping to come across one locally from a salvage.  I need to figure out the best places to watch for items like that.  Its $3400 Cdn. before shipping and or GST which is another 5%.