Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

21VLX 2021 Model PNP rear

AusBU

Hi guys, I have a 21VLX and looking to buy some bags for the rear. Have looked at wakemakers and they have the factory set but wondering if any of the other branded bags are different? I am in Australia and freight is a killer so have been looking at Fatsacs instead as I can get them locally. The only problem is I can’t get the dimensions of the Wakemakers ones to see if the sizing is similar. Question is, do I just bite the bullet and get wakemakers or is there others that are the same size and will do the job. Newbie for this sort of stuff so any help would be great.  

I have a 2021 VLX and Malibu supplied the bags. They use FatSacs. I demoed it with 550’s and now run 400’s. If you need measurements I can measure mine this afternoon. I’d go with the cheapest option that works. 

1 hour ago, Pilotguy said:

I have a 2021 VLX and Malibu supplied the bags. They use FatSacs. I demoed it with 550’s and now run 400’s. If you need measurements I can measure mine this afternoon. I’d go with the cheapest option that works. 

That would be great, thanks mate 

• 3 months later...

Added in wakemakers P&P bags and all hooked up but system not pumping water into them. Any trouble shooting I should look at or is there something I need to update in settings? 

I don't think the VLX has L-shaped tanks like many of the other wakesetters have, so the PNP bag sit on top of the ballast tanks and is not included in the tank water level shown on the display.  The bags should fill if you select the rear tanks and then select fill, or fill all.  You will have to physically monitor how full the bags are, or just wait for the water to vent over the side, then turn the fill pump off.  When selecting a preset or a ballast tank fill percentage the PNP bags will not be filled.

Edited by csleaver