Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrading from 07 LSV - Size question

riot138

I'm looking to upgrade to a newer boat with Surf Gates.  I currently have a 2007 23 LSV and the size is perfect.  We are comfortable with the amount of room we currently have.  I don't have a dealership close so unfortunately I can't go check out a new boat and will most likely have to drive 5-6 hours to pick up a newer boat.  My question is are the newer boats optimized to be a little more spacious?  Would I be able to get away with a 22 VLX and not find that much of a size difference from an 07 23'?  The difference is the 2017-2018 23 LSV on average is 35k-45k more than what I am seeing the same 22 VLX boats go for.  Considering I paid 40k total for my 07 that's a significant difference.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by riot138

I’ve owned both a 2007 23 LSV and a 2016 22 VLX (with a 2013 23 LSV between the two). The bow seating size is the same, but you loose the 14” in the cockpit main seating area and you do notice it. We have a large family with 6 kids so our normal crew is 8-10 people. It does feel a little tighter with that many people and the slalom ski I usually kept under the port seats wouldn’t fit because the seat hinges got in the way. When we sold it I looked into a 2019 22 LSV that got deeper storage and seat hinges in a different location that would have been nice for storage but ultimately went back to a 23 LSV. All that being said I loved the boat was super impressed with the performance and the surf wave it produced. If I had a smaller crew I would go back to it again.

4 hours ago, vaporbluebu said:

I’ve owned both a 2007 23 LSV and a 2016 22 VLX (with a 2013 23 LSV between the two). The bow seating size is the same, but you loose the 14” in the cockpit main seating area and you do notice it. We have a large family with 6 kids so our normal crew is 8-10 people. It does feel a little tighter with that many people and the slalom ski I usually kept under the port seats wouldn’t fit because the seat hinges got in the way. When we sold it I looked into a 2019 22 LSV that got deeper storage and seat hinges in a different location that would have been nice for storage but ultimately went back to a 23 LSV. All that being said I loved the boat was super impressed with the performance and the surf wave it produced. If I had a smaller crew I would go back to it again.

Thank you.  We run around 8-10 on most days so I appreciate the feedback.  I will probably go back to my original plan of finding an A24 in my price range instead of the 22VLX.

• Like 1