Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

help on G5 tower - how to lower?

FlyYellow

OK Total bonehead question but I can't figure out how to lower my g5 tower?  I do see the two handles on both interior sides of the tower.  They are super tight and don't budge.  The use manual is useless.  It simply states "On each interior side of the tower legs is a large lever. During operation, the lever must be secured on each side in the locked position."  

Anyone have any helpful hints on how to actually operate the tower?

Rotate the lever in the direction of the unlock icon arrow.  If it is difficult to turn, push or pull on the rear of the tower frame just above the lever.  The lever must be rotated fully until it stops to reset the latching mechanism.

If you have a second person stand on either the helm or observer seat and push the tower *up* it will reduce the pressure on the latches and they should loosen enough to rotate. The back feet of our lift sat on soft ground (until we put a dock section under the back legs), so for a while I had to pull the tower down every time in and out. The latches release much easier with use, but like anything on a boat they’ll get sticky if they sit untouched.