Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hammerhead 380 photos/help

It's been many years since I've had a Malibu and been on the forums. I recently picked up a 2004 23LSV w/ Hammerhead that I knew needed a little bit of work and as I am working my way through it I have run across something I'm stumped on. Replacing the seized PP servo motor and doing the Stargazer upgrade at the same time, I bought the entire kit to make it a little easier on me. Turns out, that popped open the can of worms I'm dealing with. Installing the new servo/bracket/cable assembly I noticed the throttle bracket on the throttle body was bent. Looks like something is up with the cable/linkage alignment. Further inspection noticed the throttle cable mounting bracket was tweaked against the rear seat backrest and because of how that was mounted on the cover for the ECM, I couldn't remove the bracket. One thing leads to another and it looks like the ECM mounting bracket was jury rigged onto the back of the engine. Starboard side had a long threaded rod with a rusty steel spacer while the port side had a very long bolt with a similar rusty steel spacer. This set the ECM bracket/cover a couple inches off the back of the engine and wedged it against the rear seat leanback and a corner of it wedged into the bottom of the pop-up ski pylon mount. I'd like to get this thing sorted out and the ECM bracket/cover mounted correctly but I have no reference. I'm hoping someone here can get a few pictures of their engine and bracketry to help me figure out where/how the ECM bracket/cover bolt to the block and where the throttle cable bracket mounts on the ECM bracket/cover (appear to be a few options there). The pop-up pylon makes it more challenging for everything to fit where I think it's supposed to go. OR, if there is someone with a similar boat/engine in the Grand Rapids, MI area, I'd really appreciate the opportunity to hop into the back of it and see what is going on there. Currently, I have the rear seat leanback out to give me a better visual of what is happening and get everything straightened out. Thanks for any help.