Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterizing - 2010 23LSV


Recommended Posts

Councilman806

Trying to winterize today and got the the point to pull the two drain plugs at the base of the transmission and one seized.  Using 14mm wrench and it was rounding off.  Has anyone experienced this and have any suggestions about how to get it out?

Link to post

I used a 9/16 today. You'll probably want to switch to channel locks soon. And buy new anodes for next year

Link to post
13 hours ago, smileysteve said:

I used a 9/16 today. You'll probably want to switch to channel locks soon. And buy new anodes for next year

You will pay hell trying to get those anodes out unless they are completely corroded off of the brass heads. No room to pull them out or insert them unless you raise the gas tank. Unless you run in salt or some really alkaline or brackish water they will probably barely be eroded, at least mine weren’t at 1024 hrs. YRMV

Edited by wdr
Link to post

By chance does anyone know the socket size for the block plug/knock sensors. Also do I need a deep socket or not? Boat is in Lake Havasu and I’m 500 miles away. Need to take all the tools I need so I can drain everything after my trip in mid November. Thanks. 2009 VTX Monsoon 340.

Link to post
10 hours ago, IJM said:

By chance does anyone know the socket size for the block plug/knock sensors. Also do I need a deep socket or not? Boat is in Lake Havasu and I’m 500 miles away. Need to take all the tools I need so I can drain everything after my trip in mid November. Thanks. 2009 VTX Monsoon 340.

I’m 99% sure my 2008 takes a deep 1” socket. The first year I winterized did not have that and I used a small crescent wrench. 

Link to post
20 minutes ago, BearCreekBum said:

I’m 99% sure my 2008 takes a deep 1” socket. The first year I winterized did not have that and I used a small crescent wrench. 

Our 2004 VLX knock sensor takes a 7/8" deep well socket to remove and install. Slip joint pliers will also suffice.

Link to post
9 hours ago, Murphys said:

Block plug on our boat is 9/16". Failed to mention that in the earlier post.

Must be without the knock sensor I take it? That one I have in my tool kit in the storage unit.

9 hours ago, oldjeep said:

My 2012 is a deep 1 inch.

👍🏼

Link to post
9 hours ago, IJM said:

Must be without the knock sensor I take it? That one I have in my tool kit in the storage unit.

👍🏼

Correct. The drain plug on the opposite side of the engine block as the knock sensor. 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...