Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 23 LSV Winterization mods

Last year someone posted a pic of a 1 1/4" shutoff with a T to easily allow you to run antifreeze through the engine, but I can find it AND I don't want to remove the hose from the tranny cooler again as it's a PITA.

Any pics, material lists or both would be awesome.  THANKS!

Well, I was hoping to find a barbed ball valve to reduce the number of fittings...  Someone posted a pic of the setup in their boat which is what I was trying to find, but THANKS!

Edited by jkrebs

This one is interesting to me for the simplicity of it.  Its intended to thread into your stock seacock and then barbed end into the hose side.  
Interesting they market it also as an emergency pump if you were taking on water, close the seacock and pop the cap off the flush valve and the engine pumps out the water.

It is on the spendy side though which is a definite downside.

https://www.marineengineparts.com/groco-ssc-1250-1-1-4-engine-flush-service-adaptor

18 hours ago, jkrebs said:

Well, I was hoping to find a barbed ball valve to reduce the number of fittings...  Someone posted a pic of the setup in their boat which is what I was trying to find, but THANKS!

I used Two of These  into a standard ball valve 

1 hour ago, Fffrank said:

Don't use PVC.

I use a PVC one-way valve plus a PVC garden hose tee.  The garden hose goes to the transom flush fitting.  I have had the PVC tee crack before because it was overtightened by the previous owner.  Winterizing is not something I really need to do, and the one-way means I just hook my hose to the transom and flush the engine.

Thanks everyone for the responses!  I have a 2009 Ski Nautique and I can winterize that boat in 10 minutes, but these V-Drives beat the crap out of me - literally nothing is easy....except oil changes.  And filling the gas tank lol.