Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior clean

Tonys

After some thoughts of the best products to use to clean the vinyl trims and seats from day to day grime in a Malibu response also techniques used

Cheers

Marine Spray Nine and a brush.  Wipe clean with a rag.  Then use 303 protectant after cleaning.
I bought an 2004 response this summer and it worked very well.  I used a drill brush, but learned you have to be very careful around the seams.  Used a hand brush in certain areas.  Came out great.

High pressure steam gets the grime out of the seat stiching itself and other nooks and crannies on trim pieces.  And its about the only thing that really works on those types of areas (without actually pulling off the trim pieces to clean under them) in my experience.  For surface areas that you can wipe down there are lots of different methods and products that work.  I use babes products like seat soap, seat saver, and boat bright for the rest of the boat for general cleaning.  

• Like 2

I'm ordering a steamer.  I've read enough on this site about them and their benefits and I'm pulling the trigger today.  My RLXi is in need of a thorough deep clean and it seems like steam is the solution.  

martinarcher

@WakeGirlposted a pic years ago of her carpet after cleaning it on a boat they used a lot (I think it was her yellow VLX) and it looked brand new.  If memory served me right her tool of choice was the Bissel Little Green steam cleaner?  The pics were a sales pitch for that baby for sure.

For many years I've used starbrite vinyl polish and a bristle brush to clean up the boat.  Lately I've noticed that I had some pretty persistent grime in the grain that wasn't coming out no matter how I scrubbed.

A friend swears by Boat Juice, so I gave it a shot.  Wow!  nothing short of amazing and it pulled all of the grime out of the grain.  The only downside is that I got the whole boat so clean that now any dirty spots are super noticeable and it makes me feel like i must be covered in a film of filth at all times.

for the harder to reach/harder to scrub areas I've also recently started using a drill mounted bristle brush (great for the edges of the cushions and whatnot).  

Boat is down for the winter nap in storage now, but now I'm curious about the steamer and will give ours a try in the spring.

23 minutes ago, martinarcher said:

@WakeGirlposted a pic years ago of her carpet after cleaning it on a boat they used a lot (I think it was her yellow VLX) and it looked brand new.  If memory served me right her tool of choice was the Bissel Little Green steam cleaner?  The pics were a sales pitch for that baby for sure.

I think I recall that and agree...it was the Bissel Little Green.  I nearly ordered one, but for whatever reason determined it not necessary.  The way I use and store our boats now suggests otherwise.  I think it will work great.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, roonedoggie said:

We bought this model 10 years ago.  It commercial quality without the commercial price. http://steam-cleaners-direct.com/?gclid=CLTnrZKQpJ0CFR2dnAod3iGS3Q

I have been looking at steam cleaners for quite some time. That is a decent price. Especially considering you have had it fir 10 yrs. You may have just shown me my Christmas gift 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

For many years I've used starbrite vinyl polish and a bristle brush to clean up the boat.  Lately I've noticed that I had some pretty persistent grime in the grain that wasn't coming out no matter how I scrubbed.

A friend swears by Boat Juice, so I gave it a shot.  Wow!  nothing short of amazing and it pulled all of the grime out of the grain.  The only downside is that I got the whole boat so clean that now any dirty spots are super noticeable and it makes me feel like i must be covered in a film of filth at all times.

for the harder to reach/harder to scrub areas I've also recently started using a drill mounted bristle brush (great for the edges of the cushions and whatnot).  

Boat is down for the winter nap in storage now, but now I'm curious about the steamer and will give ours a try in the spring.

I use vinyl sauce, let it soak, and the delta grime just melts off of it. I also use it on the Seadeck. 

2 hours ago, martinarcher said:

Yup, that's the one. Great tool around the house too, especially if you have any combination of kids and/or animals.