Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lsv 25 weight

MAG

51 minutes ago, MAG said:

How much does lsv 25 with trailer weigh? More then spec says?

I have seen weigh tickets at about 9k pounds. I think he carried a little bit of lead. With my stereo and lead I think I was as bit more. I never weighed mine. Just add tongue weight to this. This is a 2019 the 2022 is approximately 700-800 pounds more

IMG_1314.thumb.jpg.e28d3694b252668cd20678627dec975e.jpg

Edited by Sparky450

Best way to find out is truck scales.  Around here it is CAT Scales, you don't need their APP, just drive up.  Less than 20 bucks for a weigh and reweigh.  First time do the tow rig and boat loaded the way you want to check.  Second time just the tow vehicle.  There are front axle, drive axel, and trailer scales all reading at the same time.  By doing twice and putting the axles in the right spots you can get boat weight and tongue weight.

I did our 2021 MXZ with boat and a tank of gas, weight is 7,940 for boat, trailer, gas (no cooler, toys, PFD's).  Assuming the double axel trailer is 1,250 lb that is 940 pounds over what you would expect it to weigh.  

From other postings every boat comes in heavy.  If you think about it the posted dry weight is a fixed number.  So do you have the M5 or the LT4, Stern Turn or not, which tower, double or triple axel trailer, all these things change the weight.  IF the 25 LSV is over by the same % as our 23 MXZ (no idea if that is valid but nothing else to use) it would weigh about 9,120 lb.  Yes I have been considering upgrading and wondering what it would weigh behind the truck since it looks like I have to buy a truck as well.  if you take your boat to the scales please post your weight and options for the rest of us.  :-) 

13 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

I have seen weigh tickets at about 9k pounds. I think he carried a little bit of lead. With my stereo and lead I think I was as bit more. I never weighed mine. Just add tongue weight to this. This is a 2019 the 2022 is approximately 700-800 pounds more

IMG_1314.thumb.jpg.e28d3694b252668cd20678627dec975e.jpg

Thank you 

13 hours ago, Surf4FamFun said:

Best way to find out is truck scales.  Around here it is CAT Scales, you don't need their APP, just drive up.  Less than 20 bucks for a weigh and reweigh.  First time do the tow rig and boat loaded the way you want to check.  Second time just the tow vehicle.  There are front axle, drive axel, and trailer scales all reading at the same time.  By doing twice and putting the axles in the right spots you can get boat weight and tongue weight.

I did our 2021 MXZ with boat and a tank of gas, weight is 7,940 for boat, trailer, gas (no cooler, toys, PFD's).  Assuming the double axel trailer is 1,250 lb that is 940 pounds over what you would expect it to weigh.  

From other postings every boat comes in heavy.  If you think about it the posted dry weight is a fixed number.  So do you have the M5 or the LT4, Stern Turn or not, which tower, double or triple axel trailer, all these things change the weight.  IF the 25 LSV is over by the same % as our 23 MXZ (no idea if that is valid but nothing else to use) it would weigh about 9,120 lb.  Yes I have been considering upgrading and wondering what it would weigh behind the truck since it looks like I have to buy a truck as well.  if you take your boat to the scales please post your weight and options for the rest of us.  :-) 

Thanks