Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Order to Delivery Timeframe A22

McCormack

I ordered an A22 on July 21st. I was hoping to get some feedback on what people have seen for timelines from order to build. Not that I will get to use it until next year but I’m just excited to see it done

I think it depends on your dealers other orders, how many slots they have left, the popularity of the model you chose , and if any of your options are back ordered. Lots of variables. But 3-6 months is the range. I waited 9 months for my a24. My t250 is about 5 months wait 

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a 2021 A24 on 12-18-20.  My dealer just received my 2022 A24 on Saturday 10-23-21.  I'll pick it up on Saturday 10-30-21.  A long time to wait, but looks like it will be well worth it!

Edited by RedDragon
1 hour ago, RedDragon said:

I ordered a 2021 A24 on 12-18-20.  My dealer just received my 2022 A24 on Saturday 10-23-21.  I'll pick it up on Saturday 10-30-21.  A long time to wait, but looks like it will be well worth it!

You will love the a24. We had a2020 and 2021 model . I think they are very different . We are waiting on our new t250 , I’m sure it will be nice, but the a24 was awesome. We had 900 lb sacs in the back of the 2021 model . That made the m6 struggle but I’m at 6100’. I know you will love it . I waited almost as long as you for the last A24

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Still nothing on a build date. I know it’s February but only 2 short months away from when I usually put my boat in the water. My new Tundra was a lot shorter of a wait! If the weather continues this way, snowmobile season is already over and it’s time to move on to boating season!

Edited by McCormack
2 hours ago, McCormack said:

Still nothing on a build date. I know it’s February but only 2 short months away from when I usually put my boat in the water. My new Tundra was a lot shorter of a wait! If the weather continues this way, snowmobile season is already over and it’s time to move on to boating season!

We ordered in July for a November build date. Ended up getting pushed back to January 13th and just arrived at the dealer this week.

That doesn't bode well for my mid November order; hoping to have the boat by June at the latest... Although there is only dealer for Malibu/Axis in western Canada so maybe they will have more production slots :dontknow:

Hey All,

I'm brand new here and this is my first post. Quick back story, I was one of the lucky ones who bought a new boat off the lot in very early 2019 before COVID created full insanity with production and a mass influx of new, interested boat buyers. I was able to recently sell my boat and made almost over 10k on it even after 2 full seasons of use. That being said, I was able to finally afford my dream boat for years, the A22. I dropped my deposit and had my order confirmed on February 8 '22 for a M.Y. 2022 obviously. My dealer is a larger Malibu dealer with many build slots allotted per year in the greater Sacramento area. They seemed quite hopeful on a build date some time in May '22. I'm not oblivious to everything going on with the supply chain, shortages, extended delivery dates, etc. With that, the sales manager advised me that he is pretty confident that Malibu has done an exceptional job with adapting to the demand and material shortages over the past couple of years and is much more prepared to better meet the demand now. I am just curious on what your guys' take might be about this assumption of a May '22 build spot? My wife and I have obviously talked and agreed that there is the potential to not have a boat for this summer given the sacrifice of selling to be able to build our dream boat. However, my biggest fear in all this could be getting pushed to a M.Y. 2023 and be forced to pay whatever price difference whether it be in or out of our budget. Thanks. Keeping the faith and staying optimistic.

13 minutes ago, TAQ44 said:

Hey All,

I'm brand new here and this is my first post. Quick back story, I was one of the lucky ones who bought a new boat off the lot in very early 2019 before COVID created full insanity with production and a mass influx of new, interested boat buyers. I was able to recently sell my boat and made almost over 10k on it even after 2 full seasons of use. That being said, I was able to finally afford my dream boat for years, the A22. I dropped my deposit and had my order confirmed on February 8 '22 for a M.Y. 2022 obviously. My dealer is a larger Malibu dealer with many build slots allotted per year in the greater Sacramento area. They seemed quite hopeful on a build date some time in May '22. I'm not oblivious to everything going on with the supply chain, shortages, extended delivery dates, etc. With that, the sales manager advised me that he is pretty confident that Malibu has done an exceptional job with adapting to the demand and material shortages over the past couple of years and is much more prepared to better meet the demand now. I am just curious on what your guys' take might be about this assumption of a May '22 build spot? My wife and I have obviously talked and agreed that there is the potential to not have a boat for this summer given the sacrifice of selling to be able to build our dream boat. However, my biggest fear in all this could be getting pushed to a M.Y. 2023 and be forced to pay whatever price difference whether it be in or out of our budget. Thanks. Keeping the faith and staying optimistic.

Not pour cold water on your plans - we did similar last year and placed our order 1 Feb for a 2021 A22 and were told we would have our boat in May.  We received our 2022 A22 in October 2021.  Yes - we had to negotiate hard on price due to '22 price increases.  I'd say overall it was a difficult situation having to give up a boating season while we had next to no information on when we would actually receive a boat.

ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, TAQ44 said:

Hey All,

It 100% depends on your dealer and what build slots they have available. If they have a stock order allocated for the May-ish time frame the you are probably fine. If they don’t and they are just telling you that to secure the order, then you are going to find out a lot about your dealer real quick. Anything anyone says about timing is completely unique to their order, model boat and dealer. I could walk into my dealer and order an A22 and have it be built before may. Maybe my dealer has a stock A22 planned for April and they swap mine in for that. Maybe I won’t get it until December. 

Yea my initial plan was to wait for a stock order to show up and come buy it from the showroom. Then the sales rep told me I was better off ordering custom, as it would be placed before any and all stock orders. Which would make sense considering showroom stock are just about non existent these days.  Thanks for all the input guys. 

On 3/1/2022 at 8:57 PM, TAQ44 said:

Hey All,

Just make sure your dealer uploads a signed and dated purchase agreement attached to your order in the dealer CRM before April 30th. By doing that it will price lock you just in case your order was to push to a 2023MY.

1 hour ago, Tjards said:

Just make sure your dealer uploads a signed and dated purchase agreement attached to your order in the dealer CRM before April 30th. By doing that it will price lock you just in case your order was to push to a 2023MY.

I had a signed sales agreement, signed in September.  In January I got a call from the dealership telling me the price was going up by $3500.  Are you saying the signed sales agreement should have locked my price in?  I went on a massive rant about this on a different thread, sorry to bring it up again.  Also just came to mind...  If I go in and pay the balance on the boat now, would they still be able to raise the price if there is another price hike?  

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, McCormack said:

Dealer sent a couple pictures after it was unwrapped. Hopefully I’ll be going to pick it up next week!

EB237660-2038-4E2F-A8A7-41D9E1E54922.jpeg

Lookin sharp. Just in time for spring!