Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Malibu Open

Woodski

ahopkins22LSV

I didn’t catch anything but highlights but there was definitely some stuff going on! Manon loosing the handle at 1 after having one of the best setups for 41 I’ve seen and four women scoring in 41. Honestly I’m so bored of Nate. That’s the most polite way I can put that. Adam Caldwell's save was the most insane thing I’ve ever seen. Freddie’s ski breaking was the biggest downer of the weekend. Love his skiing and attitude towards the sport. 

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, MTBoy said:

So is Regina boring too?🙄

Did I say she was or wasn’t? Did I say it was about how great nates skiing was or did I dance around what I truly think about Nate because it wouldn’t be appropriate for this forum? I think for anyone who follows skiing got what I was getting at. 

I started watching on Friday afternoon and got sucked into it and watched a lot of this over the weekend. I've not watched this much of a tourney before but it was really entertaining - those girls and guys are athletes. Very impressive.

It didn't look like they allowed general admission spectators but it would be cool to go in person. My in-laws live 30 mins away.

Their website said it was $5 at the gate.  I don’t think there are ever too many spectators at these events from what I have seen on the broadcast.  I noticed on the broadcast that Friday averaged about 500 people watching live online and 700 on Saturday.  I guess not as popular as Monday night Football 

i sure as heck would go watch if I wasn’t on the other side of the country

Edited by MTBoy
1 hour ago, drh said:

I started watching on Friday afternoon and got sucked into it and watched a lot of this over the weekend. I've not watched this much of a tourney before but it was really entertaining - those girls and guys are athletes. Very impressive.

It didn't look like they allowed general admission spectators but it would be cool to go in person. My in-laws live 30 mins away.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't open to spectators.  I don't know that that lake is a great venue for folks to just pull up a lawn chair to watch but if you get a chance to check out a pro tournament live once, you should.  It's amazing to watch someone run 41 off in person.  Incredible athleticism on display.