Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Dashcam Recommendations

DAI

There was quite a few trailers being hit in the parking lot of our normal lake this season.  I witnessed 2 and had a buddy get his trailer hit (sure there were more that I’m not aware of).  In all known cases, the driver that hit the trailers were not going to leave a note on the parked car to notify the party they hit.  There was some decent amount of damage done to other people’s tow vehicle or trailers in these cases.

Which leads me to my ask.  I’m looking to get recommendations on a dash camera that will record the front and back, in high resolution, and has the ability to record while the vehicle is parked.

Thoughts/recommendations?

5 hours ago, DAI said:

Thanks.  Looks nice, but it does not appear to have a rear external camera option, unless you use the interior camera, but not sure that would be ideal.

True but the parking mode is on it

i have the “Beam”

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collections/blackvue/products/blackvue-dr750x-2ch-truck-plus-dash-cam

All 3 of our vehicles run BlackVue.  Not the cheapest solution, but im very with the decision.  My truck runs the DR900X (4K front, HD rear).  My wife and the kiddo's vehicles have the DR750X Plus (HD front/rear).  Looks like the kit i linked is the same front camera as the DR750X,  just with an external HD rear camera.