Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Injectors for 320HP Monsoon 5.7L engine

MoonDawg

I have a 1996 Response LX and it is time to replace the Fuel injectors.  I called my local Malibu dealer and they were fresh out of ideas on what Fuel Injectors to use as a replacement for the original Rochester 17095004, 24 lbs/hr Fuel Injectors. Rochester became Delphi and they don't seem to make a direct replacement.

Has anyone replaced their injectors with GM 19244617 Fuel Injectors. They are pricey at  $85-$100 each but probably well worth it if they are a direct replacement. The manufactures don't provide enough information to determine if they will work.

I did find that 1999 Prostar LTRs came with GM 19244617 fuel injectors in their Indmar engines so I am leaning toward that direction.

The Bosch 211U267 EV-6 Fuel Injector is listed as a replacement for GM 19244617 but to make it fit it probably requires a sleeve (Bosch dia is 0.65 and GM is 0.9)

Bakes sells an Indmar EV-14 injector but it probably also needs a sleeve but at $34 it may be worth the effort.

What have others done?

They are 25 years old and rusty... New Bosh injectors have a 4 nozzle design. What if someone asked me how many nozzles I had on my injector and I had to say three...(That 's a joke)? 

47 minutes ago, MoonDawg said:

They are 25 years old and rusty... New Bosh injectors have a 4 nozzle design. What if someone asked me how many nozzles I had on my injector and I had to say three...(That 's a joke)? 

I agree on sending yours off for cleaning, but if you must replace them, do not buy injectors that require an adapter.  Plenty of options allow direct replacement. 

Here are a few threads on the topic:

I read through the threads, the last one was good but made a leap from Indmar part number: I556049 to Bostech MP3022 based on a visual evidence (no cross-reference). 

I am thinking that I will go with the GM 19244617 part. The worst that could happen is that I would have to buy a new GM MPI intake manifold. The one I have on the Indmar Monsoon 320HP is a Cutter. If I stick with GM parts they should at least fit.

1 hour ago, MoonDawg said:

I read through the threads, the last one was good but made a leap from Indmar part number: I556049 to Bostech MP3022 based on a visual evidence (no cross-reference). 

I am thinking that I will go with the GM 19244617 part. The worst that could happen is that I would have to buy a new GM MPI intake manifold. The one I have on the Indmar Monsoon 320HP is a Cutter. If I stick with GM parts they should at least fit.

The whole point in most of the threads here is that the GM replacements *don't* fit.  Visual evidence is appropriate since that is the only difference. 

I'm pretty sure that they are all 12 Ohm, 3 Bar, 24 Pound per Hour injectors.  The difference is that some of them have a shorter nipple than others, and won't fit the manifold without an adapter.  Maybe your manifold is already designed for the shorter parts, so it won't be a problem to you.

The Bostech injectors are remanufactured, so I suppose they could be either original GM or aftermarket parts.  I would personally rather send mine off for cleaning than blindly replace them all with remanufactured ones.

BTW, I did notice that you mentioned the four-hole injectors and a different manifold.  Are you chasing peak horsepower for some reason?  While that might be a worthy goal for racing, it can't possibly matter if you don't run the engine wide open (and thereby use the maximum output).  Anything less than maximum output is already obtainable without extra effort or cost on your part.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2005 Mustang GT and had issues with my fuel injectors causing rough idling and poor fuel economy. I was looking at replacements and the dealer suggested the Ford Racing injectors, but they were quite expensive. 

I stumbled upon some injection pump deals during my search and ended up getting the Bosch 0280158117 injectors for around $50 each, which was a great price compared to the dealer's quote. These injectors fit perfectly and improved my car's performance and fuel efficiency. They worked seamlessly without needing any additional modifications or parts.

Edited by Brettski