Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect pass needed

Maliblue93401

If you have a 2000ish-2004ish perfect pass with the tach I’m interested. The wire harness out the back shorted, my gauge and pass still work. I need the bezel with the wire as the on button doesn’t work. I can jump the unit on,  not ideal on the water.

I’ll buy the whole unit, shipping to California, I’ll pay for a safe delivery.  

2003 Wakesetter VLX 

Unfortunately no, my tach is the majority of the gauge. I’m still not sure how to post pics here. I have been in contact with perfect pass, their only option is a whole new unit for $1000, I don’t think it includes a tach either. 
thanks for looking out!

I am kind of in the same boat as you. All functions of my PP work except the analog tach. I was going to pull the gauge this winter and see if I can take it apart and solder up whatever may be broken. I have casually looked for a replacement gauge but they seem to be hard to come by. 

Those gauges are almost all broken by now.  They weren't very good units.  It's not all that cheap, but I highly recommend upgrading to a modern version of PP.  They're on v9.2 now and it's an excellent system.  That and the multi-function gauge are the only gauges I use in my boat now.  I have an analog tach too just to take up the space in my dash.  :)

• 2 months later...

Hi All. I was able to find a unit to swap out. I am now looking for a diagram for how to take it out, from looking at the replacement unit it doesn't look too bad. Thank you for your input