Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Parts delays?

PNWoke

Hey all just wondering if anyone has noticed delays in parts this season.  I’m currently a month or so waiting on a 2-pack relay that controls the wedge.  Not a big ticket item, I think it’s approx $250.  Local dealer is baffled about why it’s taking so long.  Not really a big deal bc we are still able to use the boat sans wedge but a little annoying for sure.  We just picked up the boat this summer and I had been dialing in the wave and it was almost perfect.  Since then I switched props so I’m itching to get it working again.  I figure it has to do with chip/electrical shortages but was wondering if any other people were waiting on parts for our Bus.  Can’t complain we’ve had an awesome season.

I feel you on on all the EVERYTHING this year is delayed.  Not sure why that part is taking so long, your dealers needs to get that resolved for you.  I purchased a 4 pack relay(controls both wedge and surfgates) back in June on a Monday, and it was at my house direct from Malibu on Friday.  Malibu is building boats, I don't see how they wouldn't have that part in stock.

41 minutes ago, calilsv said:

I feel you on on all the EVERYTHING this year is delayed.  Not sure why that part is taking so long, your dealers needs to get that resolved for you.  I purchased a 4 pack relay(controls both wedge and surfgates) back in June on a Monday, and it was at my house direct from Malibu on Friday.  Malibu is building boats, I don't see how they wouldn't have that part in stock.

The older relay packs are not the same as the current ones. All the packs are made in China. The OPs part is probably in one of the cargo ships parked off the coast of Cali.

Dealers can only do so much if they dont have the parts and are waiting on them from the manufacture. 

For the record, if you have a 2017 LSV you have a six pack relay module, and you are lucky you got it when you did as they are out of stock now as well. Malibu wont always pull parts from production if they need them to build new boats.

Edited by COOP

Get part number, order them directly from China, may cost ya $20-30 in Shipping but you can get in 2wks or so... Rather than waiting in the slow boat currently 70-95 day transit..