Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rumbling noise

Uncleboat

Lately I get a low rumbling, burbling noise when I shift from forward to neutral. Not all the time though. Usually while I’m tightening  up the rope to pull out a skier as you shift from forward to neutral several times. Any ideas ?

Don’t know how else to describe it. Engine sounds fine, it shifts smooth no noise at high speed. It’s when I’m shifting gear to neutral at low speeds, it makes the low sound and kind of an over reviving for 5 seconds. Thought it was a loose prop so tightened it but it still does it.

+1 on strut bushings.  Also check transmission fluid.  I would lift the engine cover and listen through the process to help isolate the noise location.  Listen near the bellhousing to see if the damper plate may be noisy.  Friends LXI does the same thing, too much clearance in the strut bushings.