Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 Livorsi Shifter - Neutral Shift Lock Failure

Hey Guys,

I have a 2016 LSV with the Livorsi shifter. 

The neutral shift lock (button to push to rev in neutral) doesn't work.

It makes a noise like its working, but the light doesn't come on, and the prop still spins.  

Pulled it out, double check connections, all looks well.

Anything else to check?

Changing coolant, and need to rev on the trailer to get to Tstat opening temp.

THanks!

If you need to use the neutral only button on the throttle control, but it isn't working, just unplug the shift solenoid on the transmission instead.  Don't forget to plug it back in when you are done reving up the engine.

You should really look into using a vac-fill device to properly fill the coolant instead.

24 minutes ago, csleaver said:

If you need to use the neutral only button on the throttle control, but it isn't working, just unplug the shift solenoid on the transmission instead.  Don't forget to plug it back in when you are done reving up the engine.

You should really look into using a vac-fill device to properly fill the coolant instead.

I like that idea, thought about it this time but didn't bother.  Will just disconnect the shift wiring next time.  

That was one of my symptoms when I needed to replace my shifter a couple seasons ago.  The neutral button quit working then about 20-30 hours later it started popping out of gear at any speeds.  When I pulled the throttle I removed the dust cover and there was 2 brown burnt areas on the circuit board white epoxy.  Easy to spot.  Livorsi is awesome about warranty fixing them for under $200 and they ship 2 day air back to you.  Super simple check, literally takes 5 minutes to pull the throttle and 2 Allen screws to remove the cover and check out the circuit board.

Edited by PNWoke
16 hours ago, PNWoke said:

Livorsi is awesome about warranty fixing them for under $200 and they ship 2 day air back to you.

$200 isn't really a warranty repair.  They are replacing a diode or two that they underspecified, so they ought to do it for free.  Shoot, I'll change them for $150 and I'll pay the return postage....

3 hours ago, justgary said:

$200 isn't really a warranty repair.  They are replacing a diode or two that they underspecified, so they ought to do it for free.  Shoot, I'll change them for $150 and I'll pay the return postage....

It think it was closer to $150 iirc but it was a couple years ago so figured inflation might be in play.  Definitely more of a service than a warranty but it sure beats $800+ for a new one.  There is a diy that does a good job for home repair but for under $200 it seemed like a good plan to make sure it’s good to go.  I see them come up on tmc classifieds in the $400 range.  I have a spare throttle now because I didn’t know about the livorsi repair option until after I bought a new one for $800.  Mid season desperation prevailed but it’s nice to have a spare to loan out if someone else needs it.

I had the same issue with my 22VLX. 5 minutes and throttle assembly was out, shipped back to Livorsi and it was repaired in a few days for $150