Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220

wedge88

2 hours ago, jimmsch said:

I feel like your walkthrough video on the T220 got cut off prematurely.

What do you mean? Could you explain a little more I can jump in a fix it possibly.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:29 AM, RecreationCertified said:

Video of the 2022 Axis T220 in Azure Blue Metallic with white. Interior is Light Graphite, Azure blue, and white. Dark Graphite soft grip. Any videos of the T220 or T250 you would like to see while I have these boats here?

Fixed this video link sorry didnt know it wasnt posting

On 10/27/2021 at 11:49 AM, jimmsch said:

What is the factory setup for stock ballasts?

You asking for weights? 

Hard Tank Ballast: 1,618 lbs. Center: 868 lbs. Rears: 375 lbs. Bow PNP: 450 lbs. Rear PNP: 1,100 lbs 550 each. The power wedge is another 1500 lbs on top of this

3 hours ago, RecreationCertified said:

You asking for weights? 

Hard Tank Ballast: 1,618 lbs. Center: 868 lbs. Rears: 375 lbs. Bow PNP: 450 lbs. Rear PNP: 1,100 lbs 550 each. The power wedge is another 1500 lbs on top of this

Thanks, so basically same as 2021 T22 ?

3 hours ago, RecreationCertified said:

What do you mean? Could you explain a little more I can jump in a fix it possibly.

It just seems to get cut off as you start talking about the bimini. Thst being said the 2 videos you posted on the touch screen functions were greatly informative. Thanks for those

Edited by jimmsch
Added more
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been in a T220 with the M5? Is it enough power for fully loaded wakeboarding and surfing? If so, what prop? Did you notice RPMs? I'm not at elevation and was considering going with the base engine and torque prop but have not been able to demo one with that configuration.

16 hours ago, Raimie said:

Has anyone been in a T220 with the M5? Is it enough power for fully loaded wakeboarding and surfing? If so, what prop? Did you notice RPMs? I'm not at elevation and was considering going with the base engine and torque prop but have not been able to demo one with that configuration.

I have not been on the T220 with M5 but that is how we ordered ours.  My reasoning was our 22VLX had the Raptor 410 (similar to M5) with 2277  prop and we never had any issues with fully loaded wakeboarding nor surfing.  We aren't at elevation either so I see no reason why this setup wouldn't be as good or better than before.  Didn't have a lot of info on props for the new models so we spec'd with the 2277 again and if it's not right, I'll make it a spare.

• Like 2

You should be good! I’m not at elevation either and took delivery of my T220 in September with M5, stock prop, and PnP ballast. I put my break in hours and 5+ hours of surfing before winterization and I had no complaints from multiple Malibu/Axis owners that surfed behind it. I don’t have any feedback on wakeboarding but don’t think it would be an issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any TMC members get their T220 yet?  Just got word that ours was pushed back 3 weeks but the system is showing my Build Date #1 at 3/2 so we're getting closer.

52 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Any TMC members get their T220 yet?  Just got word that ours was pushed back 3 weeks but the system is showing my Build Date #1 at 3/2 so we're getting closer.

@Raimie should be getting her T220 soon.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:22 AM, wedge88 said:

No word yet on a spray date. We ordered pretty late in the summer though. 

3 hours ago, frosty said:

I have one on order, build date 3/1...I ordered M5 as sales rep assured me it was fine for this boat.  

as long as you don't have big crews wanting to surf and wakeboard plus full ballast or you will have to prop it accordingly 

On 1/28/2022 at 10:31 AM, granddaddy55 said:

as long as you don't have big crews wanting to surf and wakeboard plus full ballast or you will have to prop it accordingly 

What prop would you recommend for bigger crew/high altitude?  I’d like to pickup an extra prop to have a spare…

On 1/29/2022 at 4:21 PM, frosty said:

What prop would you recommend for bigger crew/high altitude?  I’d like to pickup an extra prop to have a spare…

i do not know your drivetrain,  i only know an m220 its cousin is a huge boat for 22 feet and now one is buying those with an m5,  their is always a torque prop for your set up, hopefully your dealer already knows if he is selling big boats with smaller motors or acme or OJ will give you good advice 

have you considered changing engine options and sacrificing other options

Edited by granddaddy55
  • 1 month later...

I have ordered a T220 with an M6 and power prop,

Pros and cons?

Pros On full ballast pulls will help

Cons More fuel consumption

All your coments will be helpfull

On 1/26/2022 at 8:22 AM, wedge88 said:

I just received a spray date of 5/31 for my T220. I placed my order on 2/15 on a build slot that the dealer had in November. 

On 3/24/2022 at 11:06 AM, caseti said:

I have ordered a T220 with an M6 and power prop,

Pros and cons?

Pros On full ballast pulls will help

Cons More fuel consumption

All your coments will be helpfull

We ordered ours with the M6 but our lakes are still frozen. We ordered standard prop.  and will see how it goes I don't think the torque prop would be necessary. 

17 hours ago, vanamp said:

We ordered ours with the M6 but our lakes are still frozen. We ordered standard prop.  and will see how it goes I don't think the torque prop would be necessary. 

I demoed a T220 with the M6 and torque prop. It was way overkill. (at standard elevation). Good call on the standard prop.

4 hours ago, Raimie said:

I demoed a T220 with the M6 and torque prop. It was way overkill. (at standard elevation). Good call on the standard prop.

what was the cruising RPM with that setup?  did you run it up to top speed at all? 

17 hours ago, rennis said:

what was the cruising RPM with that setup?  did you run it up to top speed at all? 

I don't recall exactly, but I know surfing was at about 4k. It 'felt' like too much prop.

7 hours ago, Raimie said:

I don't recall exactly, but I know surfing was at about 4k. It 'felt' like too much prop.

that motor shouldn't need 4k to surf this boat. 

3 hours ago, Raimie said:

Can someone who has access to their T220 please count the cupholders for me?

Did you also know that the driver's compartment cupholder is large enough to hold a water bottle?