Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220

wedge88

2 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

These are Roswell racks but the challenge I believe is the fact that when you have racks mounted in lower position, they cannot be rotated inward while you lower your tower . So not sure if you’re referring to garage door width or height? This is a pic of my a24 with a set of ptm’s in the upper position and Roswell in the lower . I may not have answered your question at all . I have to lower my tower each time I back into the garage 

That basically solves my question.  I only run upper racks so these will work as long as they swivel.  They must be able to swivel into the boat with the tower lowered.

27 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

These are Roswell racks but the challenge I believe is the fact that when you have racks mounted in lower position, they cannot be rotated inward while you lower your tower . So not sure if you’re referring to garage door width or height? This is a pic of my a24 with a set of ptm’s in the upper position and Roswell in the lower . I may not have answered your question at all . I have to lower my tower each time I back into the garage 

663A0AA9-7996-455E-A34D-80A45B39F457.jpeg

tell me more... why can't the lower portions of the rack fold in?  Can the lower racks not be pointed "straight back" and the lower pieces folded in towards the cabin, and leave the upper racks pointed out?  That's what I do with my tower (2016 -- AW 15 tower) right now...

EDIT: to be clear on my 2016 I have fixed racks in the top position and spinners on the lower.  I point the spinners straight back, then fold the two lower pieces in.  The rack tines don't touch the seats, but I do have to have the driver's seat spun around backwards.  Then when I lower the tower, the tines of the upper racks rest on the gunnels.  I used to use this tower support contraption that axis sold me to hold the rack a couple of inches above the gunnels, but once I put the gatorstep kit on, I just let the tower/racks rest there.  I have to lower every time we take the boat out or put it back, but the tower is only down for 5-10 minutes at a time max, then goes back up (either to go to the lake, or to put the cover on).

Resting like that on the gunnels, the upper rack tines don't stick out past the rub rail, and definitely not past the fenders.

Will the AW20 rack not work the same way?

Edited by shawndoggy

Quick follow up...

Height is a concern (but not a huge one with a T22 or maybe a T220), but width is also a huge concern.

I 100% would not be able to make it into my side yard storage if I fold the tower @Livinlogs way, with the lower pieces folded out. I basically have about an inch max on either side of the guide poles.  

Edited by shawndoggy
1 hour ago, saxton15 said:

You must save a grand leaving any racks off the build too?  Those Skylon's are awesome.

We saved about $1000 leaving racks off the build and ordering the Skylon's.  Wasn't as concerned about the $$ as I was about the functionality.  I think these are great.  I did order them and once they are in, I'll be happy to post any pics or answer questions.  Unfortunately I won't have the boat until Jan/Feb but @vanampknows all about these and has some video reviews he has done.

Our plan is to mount in the upper locations as we have garage clearance issues as well and I can't stand ducking under the boards when trying to park and they're swung in.  We had to remove the racks on our 22VLX because the tower went forward but we never did on our rear dropping Axis so I don't think we'll have any issues.

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

tell me more... why can't the lower portions of the rack fold in?  Can the lower racks not be pointed "straight back" and the lower pieces folded in towards the cabin, and leave the upper racks pointed out?  That's what I do with my tower (2016 -- AW 15 tower) right now...

EDIT: to be clear on my 2016 I have fixed racks in the top position and spinners on the lower.  I point the spinners straight back, then fold the two lower pieces in.  The rack tines don't touch the seats, but I do have to have the driver's seat spun around backwards.  Then when I lower the tower, the tines of the upper racks rest on the gunnels.  I used to use this tower support contraption that axis sold me to hold the rack a couple of inches above the gunnels, but once I put the gatorstep kit on, I just let the tower/racks rest there.  I have to lower every time we take the boat out or put it back, but the tower is only down for 5-10 minutes at a time max, then goes back up (either to go to the lake, or to put the cover on).

Resting like that on the gunnels, the upper rack tines don't stick out past the rub rail, and definitely not past the fenders.

Will the AW20 rack not work the same way?

The lower portions of the tower only fold out. Any rack on the lower mounts rotated inward would stop the lowering of the tower and bind. If you only have a set in the upper position, there will be no clearance issues 

Edited by Livinlogs
Sp
7 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

The lower portions of the tower only fold out. Any rack on the lower mounts rotated inward would stop the lowering of the tower and bind. If you only have a set in the upper position, there will be no clearance issues 

ugh, so it won't fold like this:

26 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

All Aw20 towers flip out towards the side. The Aw15 tower was the older style that flipping inward like in the video.

32 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Not on the AW20.  You're about where I was two weeks ago as I couldn't wrap my head around it.  We had a 15' A22 that was the identical to your video but the new one swings out.  I have emailed Axis to get a height specs while on trailer but nothing has come back yet.  It looks like it's at or below the windshield so I don't think height will be an issue but you'd have to remove those racks to get into your spot or just do top racks and under bimini option. 

Anyone with an AW20 tower and trailer with 18" wheels want to get a measurement?  I know the T220 is a deeper boat but I have to believe that it isn't higher than the A24.  

Edited by wedge88

A little bird gave me these numbers. Take for what you will, no warranty as to accuracy. 

Height on Trailer Axis Tower Down, No Board Racks/Top Board Racks/PTM Racks, 14in wheels

Height on Trailer, Axis Tower Down, Bottom Board Racks/All Board Racks, 14in wheels

Height on Trailer Axis Tower Down, No Board Racks/Top Board Racks/PTM Racks, 18in wheels

Height on Trailer, Axis Tower Down, Bottom Board Racks/All Board Racks, 18in wheels

12 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Not on the AW20. 

It looks like it's at or below the windshield so I don't think height will be an issue but you'd have to remove those racks to get into your spot or just do top racks and under bimini option. 

Ugh!!!  This could be a deal killer. 

12 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Ugh!!!  This could be a deal killer. 

Don't say that.  There's always a solution on TMC....

My concern was garage height, until the new one is built, but I think I'm ok.  Never ran more that two racks nor put them in the lower position.  Absolute worst case is your loosen two allen set screws and slide racks off.  Of all the things we had to remove on the last boat, that was the easiest (less than 1 minute) and honestly, we started keeping them off until we got to the lake as we didn't get bugs all over them so there's one for the "Pro" column.

Edited by wedge88
21 hours ago, vanamp said:

If anyone has not been in one fire away with questions. ..

Is there different biminis? I was looking forward to the bimini that holds ropes and boards and is a little longer in the back than the 2021 t22. I thought the longer bimini was standard, but not so sure now.

Also what is the price difference between sport dash and premium sport dash. I am not a fan of paying extra just for wireless charging. I don't even need wireless charging as we are never on the water for more than 3 hours.

I have 2021 T22 and M5Di and wakemakers bags in rear lockers and bow. It doesn't struggle at all even when maxed out. That being said we are at sea level and mostly wakeboard with rear sacks about half full and center tank about 2/3. M5 handles it with no trouble. Will this T220 with a lightly bigger hull make that much difference?

On the 2021 build sheet it literally says dual battery setup with boxes, cables and switch. The 2022 sheet just says option 2. Is this opton 2 the same as the dual battery setup with boxes, cables and switch?

I bought a seat riser from Uptice with locking storage and never installed it because it didn't arrive until a few weeks ago and we had already decided to sell this boat and go for the 2022. Do you know if they changed the installation of the seat? Will the riser still work?

Thank you

12 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

A little bird gave me these numbers. Take for what you will, no warranty as to accuracy. 

Height on Trailer Axis Tower Down, No Board Racks/Top Board Racks/PTM Racks, 14in wheels

Height on Trailer, Axis Tower Down, Bottom Board Racks/All Board Racks, 14in wheels

Height on Trailer Axis Tower Down, No Board Racks/Top Board Racks/PTM Racks, 18in wheels

Height on Trailer, Axis Tower Down, Bottom Board Racks/All Board Racks, 18in wheels

So if I'm reading this correctly and I have upper board racks installed with 18s I'm looking at 87"?  I have 96 so that would be a relief as our 22VLX cleared by 1/4" because of the hoop.

2 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

So if I'm reading this correctly and I have upper board racks installed with 18s I'm looking at 87"?  I have 96 so that would be a relief as our 22VLX cleared by 1/4" because of the hoop.

That’s how I would read it too. 

5 hours ago, wedge88 said:

We did a last minute change thanks to advice of @vanamp.  We cancelled our PTM clamping racks for a set of Skylon Skylocks.  https://www.skylonsports.com/

I was really looking forward to a clamping rack but I know people that have had issues so I figured I'd save some money.  I'm really stoked to be able to lock our boards as we typically leave the boards in the racks on vacation and we've been lucky so far but having the additional security is a great feature.  Hit him up if you're in the market.  

The Skylocksare designed to install on the factory Axis/Malibu swivel. How did you get the swivel on the order with no rack>?

4 minutes ago, jimmsch said:

Is there different biminis? I was looking forward to the bimini that holds ropes and boards and is a little longer in the back than the 2021 t22. I thought the longer bimini was standard, but not so sure now.

Also what is the price difference between sport dash and premium sport dash. I am not a fan of paying extra just for wireless charging. I don't even need wireless charging as we are never on the water for more than 3 hours.

I have 2021 T22 and M5Di and wakemakers bags in rear lockers and bow. It doesn't struggle at all even when maxed out. That being said we are at sea level and mostly wakeboard with rear sacks about half full and center tank about 2/3. M5 handles it with no trouble. Will this T220 with a lightly bigger hull make that much difference?

On the 2021 build sheet it literally says dual battery setup with boxes, cables and switch. The 2022 sheet just says option 2. Is this opton 2 the same as the dual battery setup with boxes, cables and switch?

I bought a seat riser from Uptice with locking storage and never installed it because it didn't arrive until a few weeks ago and we had already decided to sell this boat and go for the 2022. Do you know if they changed the installation of the seat? Will the riser still work?

Thank you

I can only answer things that were on our build; 

1) there are two bimini options.  Standard size and Dual Coverage.  The dual coverage is $1801 MSRP. 

2) Sport dash with WLS charging is $556.  There is pricing in the T25 post. 

3) We went M5Di and speed prop 2277 as that is what we ran in our 22VLX and it worked great.

4) Option 2 is the same as dual battery setup in the past.

5) No idea on seat riser but I will be ordering another one when the boat arrives and I verify measurements

3 minutes ago, jimmsch said:

The Skylocksare designed to install on the factory Axis/Malibu swivel. How did you get the swivel on the order with no rack>?

It looks like you can buy them as a standalone rack with an axis compatible adapter.  At least wakemakers has them listed that way

6 minutes ago, jimmsch said:

I ordered the Skylock racks with additional Axis adapter.  The racks swivel.  They have options with swivel or you can use that portion from Axis/Malibu racks which makes it $1000 cheaper than what I paid but dealer wanted $1500 for basic swivel racks so it wasn't worth it.

https://www.skylonsports.com/collections/racks/products/skyrack-horizontal 

Edited by wedge88
20 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

I can only answer things that were on our build; 

1) there are two bimini options.  Standard size and Dual Coverage.  The dual coverage is $1801 MSRP. 

Do both options have surf board and rope storage?

1 hour ago, jimmsch said:

Two options:

1. Skylon racks and adapters

Or

2. If you already have factory racks You can reuse the adapter and back plate and save a good chunck on money with the direct replacement option.

But, if you can find a buyer for the factory racks at a good price then option 1 might make more sense otherwise with option 2 you end up with rack fingers which probably have little or no resale value.

1 hour ago, jimmsch said:

Thank you

Which wakemakers bags do you have?