Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220

wedge88

2 hours ago, KnutT220 said:

I am very happy with my T220 which I received last August. Has anyone investigated if the Walk-through fiberglass piece from the T250 would fit on a T220? I assume that the engine compartments are identical I and I would just have to make my side rear covers smaller, but I like to confirm that. Anyone had a similar thought?

Would think there is a lot more into than that but have 0 knowledge , I believe the t235 has the walk through so it might be easier to upgrade . Just my 2cent 

• 2 weeks later...
charless92071

Anybody using the tower mounted mirror?  Seems like the tower is positioned further away from the windshield and I wanted to know if the Axis tower bracket is long enough.

Does anyone else with T220 or T250 feel like they end up with water in the bilge a lot more than previous models. I’m coming from a T22. My bilge would stay pretty much dry all the time unless we surfed a lot. Wakeboarding not so much but surfing made sense that more water would get in bilge. My T220 seems like has water in bilge so much more. I’ve searched everywhere for a leak but do not see anything. I’m thinking maybe how the rear deck is designed is the issue? Cup holders but even more so the vent in the middle. Water seems to collect on the back deck a lot. Just wondering if anyone else is noticing same thing. 

9 minutes ago, Bagar20 said:

Does anyone else with T220 or T250 feel like they end up with water in the bilge a lot more than previous models. I’m coming from a T22. My bilge would stay pretty much dry all the time unless we surfed a lot. Wakeboarding not so much but surfing made sense that more water would get in bilge. My T220 seems like has water in bilge so much more. I’ve searched everywhere for a leak but do not see anything. I’m thinking maybe how the rear deck is designed is the issue? Cup holders but even more so the vent in the middle. Water seems to collect on the back deck a lot. Just wondering if anyone else is noticing same thing. 

I have the opposite experience.  The T220 is the driest boat I think I've ever been in.  I'm really careful not to let the wake swamp the stern when slowing for fallen riders.  Are you taking a little water on through the rear vents?  It's super easy when slowing from wakeboard speeds for sure. Otherwise I'm not sure what would be causing your bilge fill.

Random/unhelpful story:  when we were in Orondo the neighbors next to us had a new Supreme 232.  I don't know why that thing took on so much water but the auto-bilge was pumping out unwelcome fluids every 15 minutes, all day long.  not an exaggeration.  I'm surprised it didn't drain the batteries down more.  It was really odd. 

23 minutes ago, Bagar20 said:

My rear bilge runs constantly on my T220.  It appears to be coming in at the connection to the starboard rear ballast hard tank or the underwater light not being completely sealed.  I keep meaning to pull the boat out and put a hose in the rear to fill and see where water leaks out.  If not, then I'll take a closer look at the rear tank.  It's a pain to get the boat in and out of the garage so I keep pushing it off.

Might be as simple as the sea strainer loose. Or the pnp overflow loose. Take a look at those . My 250 sometimes is dry sometimes not . We do throw soaking wetsuits and vests in the locker nets . Only time the bilge comes on is if we dip the bow , which I’ve done several times just due to crowded lakes and me not paying attention 

8 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

Might be as simple as the sea strainer loose. Or the pnp overflow loose. Take a look at those . My 250 sometimes is dry sometimes not . We do throw soaking wetsuits and vests in the locker nets . Only time the bilge comes on is if we dip the bow , which I’ve done several times just due to crowded lakes and me not paying attention 

You've dipped the bow in a T250?  More than once?  Holy cow I'm grateful for not having to be on lakes with that kind of traffic!

I’ll keep searching for a leak but if there is one it has to be very slow and in weird spot. I get water in bilge after just cruising and going to party cove with three or four people getting in and out of boat a few times during day. Some is totally understandable but I will end up vacuuming out 4 or 5 gallons or so the next day. Something is going on but really tricky to sort out. I really think it is the way the rear deck is set up and how the vent is in middle under the pop up ski pylon. Water seems to always collect back there but who knows. With the same type of use on my T22 the bilge would have been dry. 

T220 here.  My boat is very dry.  The only time the bilge kicks on is if the kids are in and out of the boat all day when swimming.  I also had a wave come up over the hull when I had to get back to my fallen rider very quickly.  Operator error.  I saw the auto bilge light come on and it cleared out quickly.  I manually turn on the bilge at the end of every boating day to be sure I'm putting it on the hook empty but nothing ever comes out. 

2 hours ago, wedge88 said:

My rear bilge runs constantly on my T220.  It appears to be coming in at the connection to the starboard rear ballast hard tank or the underwater light not being completely sealed.  I keep meaning to pull the boat out and put a hose in the rear to fill and see where water leaks out.  If not, then I'll take a closer look at the rear tank.  It's a pain to get the boat in and out of the garage so I keep pushing it off.

Check the thru hull compression fittings for the SG. I had one that wasn’t tightened enough and was leaking like crazy.

2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

You've dipped the bow in a T250?  More than once?  Holy cow I'm grateful for not having to be on lakes with that kind of traffic!

My wife is super skilled in finding rogue waves while I’m surfing . Two weeks ago she put 6” of water in the entire cabin floor . I bet that was 1500 lbs or more . 

12 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

My wife is super skilled in finding rogue waves while I’m surfing . Two weeks ago she put 6” of water in the entire cabin floor . I bet that was 1500 lbs or more . 

That's a huge roller!  This is while you were actually up and surfing or while she was coming back to get you?

44 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

I dipped the bow in my A22 multiple times this past weekend, but this was the first time I had a SUBSTANTIAL number of folks in the boat - I'm pretty sure we had 12 total at one point in time - so I chalked it up to that. I consider myself a pretty skilled driver, but I'm still learning to ropes on downed riders for sure. 

On a side note, I have noticed my auto-bilge coming on more than usual lately which concerns me because I just had the strut replaced and am wondering if there may be a leak. Will have to take a peek next time I have her on the water (hopefully this weekend).

40 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

That's a huge roller!  This is while you were actually up and surfing or while she was coming back to get you?

Coming back . And we had lots of people . Normal 4-6 crew size you have to try to dunk it . Much better than our 2021 a24 . It’s a tall boat but we have also added weight to the front in addition to pnp . 

48 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

Coming back . And we had lots of people . Normal 4-6 crew size you have to try to dunk it . Much better than our 2021 a24 . It’s a tall boat but we have also added weight to the front in addition to pnp . 

Yeah that's what I'm saying!  We HAVE a 21 A24 with 400 in lead in the bow.  Frequently run with center and front full and nothing in the back for a long foiling wave (platform 4" out of the water) and haven't come close yet.  Maybe its from years in the T22 where we had to be on our game so some boat management is happening subliminally.  But the couple of T250s I've seen on the water have so much freeboard in the nose I'm just really surprised. 

Granted, we aren't out on super congested water either.  I know it gets hard on a lake full of wake monster battleships to manage all of the rollers.

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

Yeah that's what I'm saying!  We HAVE a 21 A24 with 400 in lead in the bow.  Frequently run with center and front full and nothing in the back for a long foiling wave (platform 4" out of the water) and haven't come close yet.  Maybe its from years in the T22 where we had to be on our game so some boat management is happening subliminally.  But the couple of T250s I've seen on the water have so much freeboard in the nose I'm just really surprised. 

Granted, we aren't out on super congested water either.  I know it gets hard on a lake full of wake monster battleships to manage all of the rollers.

I would say we are not as good as we should be on returning quickly to downed rider . As in , having it timed perfectly waiting for swells to pass. Our lakes are at 60% capacity water level and last weekend I was one of 4 boats almost in line with each other separated by small amounts . Kind of how it is on weekends. We try to go during the week but sometimes 3 big 4’ waves all converge at once until we can get the heck out of there . 

1 hour ago, Livinlogs said:

I would say we are not as good as we should be on returning quickly to downed rider . As in , having it timed perfectly waiting for swells to pass. Our lakes are at 60% capacity water level and last weekend I was one of 4 boats almost in line with each other separated by small amounts . Kind of how it is on weekends. We try to go during the week but sometimes 3 big 4’ waves all converge at once until we can get the heck out of there . 

Yeah that can get dicey for sure…. Especially if folks are compounding it with power turns to get back to their downed riders. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 5:12 PM, shawndoggy said:

Hey @Raimie check it out!  If I slide the seat *forward* just right it will spin all the way 180*!  Granted this is an A24 not T220, but one would hope the helms are pretty similar. 

i still really don’t think I am going to like the lock on the box. 

89731CDB-AFEF-4498-8593-99A1529EBD1E.jpeg

C109DD31-3EE4-4BAC-BA21-23F37156331B.jpeg

Can you tell us how that Sepia seat color does with temperature in the sun?  Do you find that it gets really really hot or that it’s just no problem?

Edited by SPS70
22 minutes ago, SPS70 said:

Can you tell us how that Sepia seat color does with temperature in the sun?  Do you find that it gets really really hot or that it’s just no problem?

It will get hot.  Hotter than other colors?  Dunno.  It gets hot tho.  We have a big bimini so it's not a problem in the cabin.  The sun pad area is where you have to be fast to get over or splash a little water on it first.

2 hours ago, SPS70 said:

It is hot.  Not sure if it is much better or worse than a lighter color but it is very uncomfortable if you don't have a towel down or splash some water on exposed vinyl.  Highly recommend the extended bimini.

• 3 weeks later...

For those that have installed seat risers, I find these seats to be a little low and the throttle to be a little bit high, does the seat riser really help even things out a bit without getting the seat too far away from the floor?  Generally I find these new seats to be a medieval torture device with the padding in all the wrong places but I’m wondering how the seat riser helps the Ergonomics.   I have not sat at the helm with one installed.

27 minutes ago, SPS70 said:

For those that have installed seat risers, I find these seats to be a little low and the throttle to be a little bit high, does the seat riser really help even things out a bit without getting the seat too far away from the floor?  Generally I find these new seats to be a medieval torture device with the padding in all the wrong places but I’m wondering how the seat riser helps the Ergonomics.   I have not sat at the helm with one installed.

I wouldn't go without the seat riser.  I hate the bolster seat as the brackets tend rub the backside so the seat riser allows me to have the height of the bolster all the time and when we are nose high, I'll use the bolster.  If you sit at the helm with the bolster deployed, that will give you an idea of the seat riser.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SPS70 said:

this ergonomic improvement is my favorite (A24, not T220, so not sure whether the T220 folks are able to get better rotation?)

C109DD31-3EE4-4BAC-BA21-23F37156331B.thu

7 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

this ergonomic improvement is my favorite (A24, not T220, so not sure whether the T220 folks are able to get better rotation?)

Still no rotation on the T220.  I've requested that Malibu credit the charge for the swivel seat but no luck yet.  I would also like to get a credit for the wireless charging that I paid for but still hasn't arrived.