Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220

wedge88

10 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

where are they going on the 23's ?  any chance you have a link?

Here are a couple pics that were posted on the Axis Owners Group FB site.  Image.thumb.png.826fb9a376e9ece9a179d61e3867e725.png

Image.png

Ramie, yes. I posted about it on Facebook group and seems like very common issue. Dealers are supposed to have a fix by installing a couple brackets. The trash can was pretty useless to me so I pulled out and filled area with lead. I did keep the lead bags off to the side a little bit so they were not sitting totally on top of floor that pushes up

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jv23 said:

Thats awesome! My boat will be here next month cant wait. Do you have any video? Are you using PNP bags?

Yes, 550s in the rear, standard bow bag.

There might be some video, but my photographer is 9, so I have to see what he captured lol

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, Raimie said:

Finally got to surf her!

11.0mph, Wedge 3, all ballast full, 300 lbs lead in observers storage area/trash bin, driver & spotter. I'm close to 6'

IMG_20220613_130810584.jpg

IMG_20220613_131028479.jpg

May need to hit you up.  The better half and I want to bring the 25 out there for a weekend, or minimally a Saturday overnight.  We were thinking north of you, but welcome your input.  PM incoming. 

2 hours ago, rennis said:

It's here!!!!!!

spacer.png

Nice! I got the dual coverage Bimini as well. I think it looks nice, hopefully it’s not in the way of getting into boat. I can’t wait for my boat! What color is the interior on yours? 

2 hours ago, jv23 said:

Nice! I got the dual coverage Bimini as well. I think it looks nice, hopefully it’s not in the way of getting into boat. I can’t wait for my boat! What color is the interior on yours? 

The interior base is white, has some light gray and graphite contrasts, red piping, red top stitching.  I'll get a picture up of it once it's sorted 

I'm 6' and the bimini is not in the way when it's stowed. 

Edited by rennis
26 minutes ago, Bagar20 said:

The extended Bimini is the way to go. It’s one of the favorite new options on our boat. Would not order without. 

Looks a hell of a lot better than the small one 👍

Couple questions for those of you have now been behind the T220 a few times.

1. Is the wake bigger or comparable to an A22 and T22? I have a 2018 a22 for comparison.

2. How is the bow rise when surfing compared to the previous model?

3. Does it handle rough water better? 

4. how’s the m5 compared to the 409?

Edited by prion
On 6/18/2022 at 11:47 AM, prion said:

Couple questions for those of you have now been behind the T220 a few times.

1. Is the wake bigger or comparable to an A22 and T22? I have a 2018 a22 for comparison.

2. How is the bow rise when surfing compared to the previous model?

3. Does it handle rough water better? 

4. how’s the m5 compared to the 409?

1. The wake is bigger.  I haven't surfed behind a T22 but I have surfed behind an A22.  The A22 wave is nice but the T220 is better

2. Bow rise depends on Wedge setting.  It really digs in past Wedge 2.  So there is still substantial rise, but it's tolerable/no worse than any other boat I've been on

3. I am very happy with the rough water handling.  I put >10 break-in hours on ours on Friday on Lake Washington.  It was a windy rainy day.  Boat handles crappy water very well. I'm really happy with it.

4. I have the M6.  IT IS WORTH THE UPGRADE over the M5.  Just do it. 

4 hours ago, rennis said:

1. The wake is bigger.  I haven't surfed behind a T22 but I have surfed behind an A22.  The A22 wave is nice but the T220 is better

2. Bow rise depends on Wedge setting.  It really digs in past Wedge 2.  So there is still substantial rise, but it's tolerable/no worse than any other boat I've been on

3. I am very happy with the rough water handling.  I put >10 break-in hours on ours on Friday on Lake Washington.  It was a windy rainy day.  Boat handles crappy water very well. I'm really happy with it.

4. I have the M6.  IT IS WORTH THE UPGRADE over the M5.  Just do it. 

What did you prop your M6 with?

6 hours ago, ndahlberg12 said:

What did you prop your M6 with?

The factory speed prop. I don’t think it will need more. Time will tell of course but this thing jumps out of the hole. Planes incredibly fast for a 22’ boat 

37 minutes ago, vanamp said:

I got the M6 with standard factory prop ACME 2277.  No buyers remorse on the engine upgrade. Couldn't imagine not having it. 

Ditto, no regret, just satisfaction and joy. I love that 6.2L