Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220

wedge88

1 minute ago, shawndoggy said:

huh.  How does the tower fold with that contraption?

Good question.  I know the tower folds down partially and then if you remove a couple extra hand screws if folds down further but I never fold my tower so did not look into it. 

1 hour ago, vanamp said:

Which wakemakers bags do you have?

440lbs bow

https://www.wakemakers.com/axis-hiflo-pnp-front-factory-ballast-upgrade.html

550lbs in port and stbd rear lockers for 1100lbs total extra in rear. 

https://www.wakemakers.com/axis-rear-ballast-upgrade.html

They recommend against using the larger 865lb bags with the M5 Di. I have ZERO issues with my setup and the surf wave with auto set manual wedge is well over waist high on me and I'm 5ft 10

Edited by jimmsch
Auto correct had to be corrected
18 hours ago, yotaisgame said:

Is there no longer a Z5 bimini for these boats? Google comes up with nothing. I really don't care for the look of the factory bimini. 

I haven’t seen a z5 Bimini in a long time.

10 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

I haven’t seen a z5 Bimini in a long time.

sad. I've seen a few pics of them on a axis but that's it. Really love the z5 on our current 13 23lsv. 

13 hours ago, boardinchick3 said:

My T220 has arrived! It was unwrapped yesterday. Nassau blue and white. Will be doing the break in hours in the next few weeks before it gets too cold

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zRdKpWvehsL4djETA

Great looking boat!!  Looking forward to a thorough review.  I have been hearing and seeing great things about the T220.  

Congratulations looks incredible!!! 

Is that the nassau blue?? on the configurator looks close to green

Once yo have it on the water could you please post some pics or vids of the wake?

Huge thanks!!!

4 hours ago, caseti said:

Once yo have it on the water could you please post some pics or vids of the wake?

Huge thanks!!!

Yes, it is nassau blue! It is so much prettier in person than online. And it looks great in the sunshine. 

Yeah I'll take some videos and pictures once we finally make it out on the water! 

6 hours ago, caseti said:

Huge thanks!!!

The boat builder does a terrible job of representing that color.  I have it on my 23LSV.  It's awesome. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Raimie said:

I got to demo a T220 yesterday. Overall, I was very impressed. Here's a brief rundown of my observations... mostly from the perspective coming from a 2018 T22.

The bad:

Major oversight on both the logo placement and ballast drains. No room for reg numbers. Also with the thickness of the 'A' part of the logo, I could see a high potential for damage from docks or trailer guides. Highly suggest ordering without logos.

I don't love how this boat looks from the rear. Reminds me of heyday styling. From other angles, it was fine.

I don't understand why a 2 port heater is an option on this boat. Wouldn't go with less than 3.

The good:

The boat feels a lot bigger than my T22. The bow is awesome, very roomy and the area around the driver seems more spacious. The rear lockers are smaller, and 550's maxed them out, I'm guessing this also helps the boat feel larger inside.

The entry to the bow is nice and equipped with a trash can and soft grip.

Hinged seats are nice, hinges seem decent

I loved the new dash and I am a huge fan of the analog on my '18. The Garmin interface is nice. Very easy to use, very responsive and easy to navigate. It is also set off to the side and the view from the captains seat is unobstructed. The redundant button controls are labeled well and also very easy to use.

Cupholders are more accessible for the observers seat and spread out instead of having them all grouped and set more towards the stern.

Grab handle placement is so much better. They are out of the way now allowing you to sit in the corner of the rear seat without leaning against a handle.

Ski pylon was moved from the sundeck to the stern. No longer something to bang against.

Cell phone holder was nice, they added softgrip to the drivers cubby and usb charging ports.

Boat handled very nicely. Quiet operation, M6 is powerful and acceleration was fantastic.

Other general observations:

Softgrip seems thicker but I think it's because they don't taper the edges. Seemed very 'Axis' with sharp edges.

Composite PTM mirror mount seems out of place on a boat this nice. I'm glad I still have my metal mount.

Steering wheel seems odd to me with the flat. Something to get used too.

Seat height seemed better. I have installed risers on my '14 and '18, might not be needed on this boat (with bolster) but I would have to spend more time in the drivers seat.

The Wave:

Boat had the M6 with the 2249, 550s in the rear lockers and standard bow bag.

All ballast full, speed 11.0. Regular side I liked the wedge at 3, goofy side wedge at 1.

I'm just a mediocre surfer, but this was on par with the best waves I've experienced (Been behind most Malibus and a couple Mastercrafts). Very meaty, lots of length.

I didn't take the time to assess the wakeboard wake, I'll leave that to real wakeboarders. I'm happy enough with a basic wake as I just like to ride around a bit now and then. I would have liked to have ridden it but I'm dealing with an injured elbow so I didn't even bring my board out.

Questions:

I forgot to look at RPMs while surfing, and I know people will ask. I asked my dealer to look at that on their next demo. I will update when I hear back.

I would really like to compare the M5 to the M6. If the M5 is "fine" what does that actually mean.

I'm interested to hear what other experience with props. I would suspect that the 2249 is overkill with the M6.

Nice info.  IME with our dealer, I don't think they understand how to properly prop their boats.  They wanted me to order my 23LSV equipped with the M6 with the torque prop because "that's what they usually do".  I ordered with the standard prop and purchased a speed prop.  The standard is now my back up.  I have much better overall performance with the speed prop over the standard prop and would suspect the same to be true in the Axis T220 with the M6.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Nice info.  IME with our dealer, I don't think they understand how to properly prop their boats.  They wanted me to order my 23LSV equipped with the M6 with the torque prop because "that's what they usually do".  I ordered with the standard prop and purchased a speed prop.  The standard is now my back up.  I have much better overall performance with the speed prop over the standard prop and would suspect the same to be true in the Axis T220 with the M6.

Agree, the M6 with speed prop combo is $ in all but a few of the higher elevation states.

• Like 2
On 10/7/2021 at 3:15 PM, NWBU said:

Agree, the M6 with speed prop combo is $ in all but a few of the higher elevation states.

On 10/7/2021 at 3:10 PM, Slayer said:

4000 rpms. Would be better without the torque prop for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 10:57 AM, boardinchick3 said:

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to get them answered while I have the boat this week!

M5 or M6? Which prop? Are you at elevation?

2 hours ago, Raimie said:

M5 or M6? Which prop? Are you at elevation?

M6, yes at elevation so I have the high altitude prop. I don't have the exact name/specs in front of me right now but I can get that if you'd like. 

Video of the 2022 Axis T220 in Azure Blue Metallic with white. Interior is Light Graphite, Azure blue, and white. Dark Graphite soft grip. Any videos of the T220 or T250 you would like to see while I have these boats here?

Edited by RecreationCertified
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, RecreationCertified said:

Video of the 2022 Axis T220 in Azure Blue Metallic with white. Interior is Light Graphite, Azure blue, and white. Dark Graphite soft grip. Any videos of the T220 or T250 you would like to see while I have these boats here?

What is the factory setup for stock ballasts?

5 hours ago, RecreationCertified said:

of course!  post 'em up

On 10/27/2021 at 12:29 PM, RecreationCertified said:

I feel like your walkthrough video on the T220 got cut off prematurely.