Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu salvage parts

Ginganinja

Does anyone know where I could buy salvage parts for a Malibu. I have a 08 response lxi and my dash shroud (the chrome piece that goes around the gauges) got ruined and I can’t find the replacement part. I’ve called multiple Malibu dealers, bakesonline, greatlakeskipper, skiboatpartsonline and no one is able to get this part. So looks like my option is salvage.  2006-2016 are the years that might have the same dash as my boat depending on options picked. Any help is much appreciated. 

Edited by Ginganinja
Spelling

What happened to it? If it happens to just be the chrome that is ruined I would personally have it sandblasted and then powder coated whatever color you want! The chrome glared real bad in my experience too. I much preferred the black powder coat they used on the 2012+ TXi’s

3 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Holy smokes! What in the world happened to that??

I was stupid and impatient and tried to do something  I had no business doing.  Now I’m suffering. Should have taken it to a professional. 

• Sad 1

If you are not dead set on aluminum. You could double sided tape it to some HDPE and use a router table with a flush bit to make a new piece. 

That is how I made my dash piece for my custom radio faceplate. 

6 hours ago, cowwboy said:

If you are not dead set on aluminum. You could double sided tape it to some HDPE and use a router table with a flush bit to make a new piece. 

That is how I made my dash piece for my custom radio faceplate. 

It would be a lot of work but this could be done with aluminum as well. I have done stereo equipment mounts out of 1/2 aluminum plate. I just cut it out. Then started with a sanding disc on a grinder and kept getting finer until polish was the answer. This was about a 6” x 6 “ part. It was just labor intensive. 

I would definitely attempt it with that. 

Edited by Sparky450