Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Couple questions

Hello Malibu People,

Just bought a 2008 247 LSV , with the Hammerhead motor and i have a couple questions.

#1  Changed the oil the other day and when changing the filter noticed the housing that you screw the filter in was a little loose when I tightened up the filter the whole thing turned a little bit. Is this normal ?

if not , how do you tighten back up ?

#2  When I turn on the bilge pump and it stops pumping water out there is still 2-3 inches of water in the bilge , normal ?   I pulled the plug in the transom and more drained out but still had about an inch left that 

I soaked up with rags.   Seems odd to me that one can drain all the water out.   Any thought on this ?

thanks for any help !!!

Rick

1)  If it is a remote filter mount, check that the brackets holding it don't have a loose bolt.  Shouldn't move

2) Depends on where the bilge pump is.  I'd be more worried that you are getting 2-3" of water in the bilge - where is it coming from?

I have a water issue on my 08 23 lsv. Pretty sure it is the paddlewheel through hull. Yours could be anything though. As to getting it out, the pump is back by the engine, so if I pump it while driving it will get it pretty dry. Stopped will leave quite a bit since the center of the boat is lower.