Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterizing 2007 Malibu Wakesetter VLX

I am looking for a post that I saw back in 2007-2008 that had a step by step video on how to winterize a 2007 Malibu Wakesetter VLX.  It showed a few modifications that could be made along the way that would speed up future winterizations.

I can not seem to find it now and wondering if anyone has any suggestions or may have save it????

Thanks,

Gary.

1 hour ago, GaryDM said:

Thanks.  There are good tips here, our engine is a Monsoon 340 but probably similar procedure.

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

Just make sure that if you have a heater that you blow that out too.

That is the same video I use for my Monsoon 340 and it covers it all except the heater. I just use the shopvac to blow through the heater hose. I don't run antifreeze and I put the block plugs back in after I'm done. The block threads tend to rust up if you leave the plugs out and just something to avoid.

I'm not sure what modification you could make to speed up the process in the future.

Good luck.

One thing I did to speed up the process is to write down the sizes of each nut/plug, so I already have those in my pouch when I get in the boat to start the process.  One thing the video left out (and I assume everyone knows this) drain the bilge after this project.  I was talking to a friend that had never thought of that, so just thought I'd throw it in.

Thanks for the help.  the video i had seen before showed how to drain the heater and the shower in the boat.  It showed quick connect spot for doing the shower I think and some stuff about putting antifreeze into the shower, and maybe heater, not 100% sure.  In any event, this video and your comments should help me get the job done.  Thanks.