Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aftermarket side tow points for G5 tower

Has anyone seen aftermarket side tow points for the G5 tower that can be mounted to the inside of the tower for someone who has both upper and lower racks? We are getting four of us up on the hydrofoils and a little rope spacing would be nice. 

IMG_1758(1).JPG

IMG_2511.JPG

Edited by xraydoc
Added photo
  • Like 4

I have the uptice side pulls on our boat and I don't think it would help a whole lot.  I'd just start the closer riders from the tower "wide" (i.e. they should cut out when they get up), and the farther riders from the pylon "close" (i.e. closer to the propwash / inside of the closer riders).  Let the farther riders catch the second wake and drop their ropes, and then the closer riders can come in and catch the first wake.

BTW that's an awesome foil collection!!!

7 hours ago, xraydoc said:

Has anyone seen aftermarket side tow points for the G5 tower that can be mounted to the inside of the tower for someone who has both upper and lower racks? We are getting four of us up on the hydrofoils and a little rope spacing would be nice. 

IMG_1758(1).JPG

IMG_2511.JPG

Speakers mounted above the Bimini? I don’t have to hit my head anymore? Do you have that setup on your 2022 G5 tower?

14 hours ago, DFW said:

Speakers mounted above the Bimini? I don’t have to hit my head anymore? Do you have that setup on your 2022 G5 tower?

That is on my 21 25 LSV but 22 will have the same G5 tower and same speaker setup. Lots of people don't like it and I dp think it looks a little funny but I LOVE having the speakers up there. No hitting your head and the sound out back for he surfer\boarder is AMAZING. Best part is, inside the boat you can still have a normal conversation while the surfer jams out. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, xraydoc said:

That is on my 21 25 LSV but 22 will have the same G5 tower and same speaker setup. Lots of people don't like it and I dp think it looks a little funny but I LOVE having the speakers up there. No hitting your head and the sound out back for he surfer\boarder is AMAZING. Best part is, inside the boat you can still have a normal conversation while the surfer jams out. 

Really interested in how you got the speakers on top. I am having trouble visualizing how the speakers and bimini top don't get in the way of each other.  Is this a factory option I have never seen before, aftermarket kit, or custom speaker brackets and upholstery shop?

3 hours ago, Surf4FamFun said:

Really interested in how you got the speakers on top. I am having trouble visualizing how the speakers and bimini top don't get in the way of each other.  Is this a factory option I have never seen before, aftermarket kit, or custom speaker brackets and upholstery shop?

6E5AE3E5-B8FF-4D06-BCD8-E77ACA18BC1A.jpeg.af4928527cacb5efe8b6c79d402a6219.jpeg

Oh please do tell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Surf4FamFun said:

13 hours ago, DFW said:

6E5AE3E5-B8FF-4D06-BCD8-E77ACA18BC1A.jpeg.af4928527cacb5efe8b6c79d402a6219.jpeg

Oh please do tell?

I used a set of these: https://www.wetsounds.com/product/ADP-TC3-S to mount them to the tower and had the upholstery shop cut 2.5" holes in the bimini. I just remove the factory speaker mounts and extend the wires up the tower to the speakers. I never trailer my boat or fold the bimini so it works for my situation but would not suite everyone.  

@xraydoc back to your original question, the problem with the side pulls in your use case is that when the rope is dropped the side pull puts it right in the middle of the first wake.  So your crew on the boat has to be super quick with the rope management on each side.  Haha maybe you guys are way better than me, but no way can I toss the rope into the boat riding my foil.  On the other hand if the first wake riders are getting pulled from the tower and they just throw their ropes to the middle, the ropes will stay out of the way while your crew member on board hauls them in.

So either way the first wake riders will need to hold their ropes.  much easier for them to just cut out wide (with ropes) till second wake riders are set and have dropped their ropes and then the first wake riders can come in and catch the first wake and drop their ropes (in the center if being pulled from the tower).

Edited by shawndoggy
1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

@xraydoc back to your original question, the problem with the side pulls in your use case is that when the rope is dropped the side pull puts it right in the middle of the first wake.  So your crew on the boat has to be super quick with the rope management on each side.  Haha maybe you guys are way better than me, but no way can I toss the rope into the boat riding my foil.  On the other hand if the first wake riders are getting pulled from the tower and they just throw their ropes to the middle, the ropes will stay out of the way while your crew member on board hauls them in.

So either way the first wake riders will need to hold their ropes.  much easier for them to just cut out wide (with ropes) till second wake riders are set and have dropped their ropes and then the first wake riders can come in and catch the first wake and drop their ropes (in the center if being pulled from the tower).

Great points - makes complete sense and actually how we ended up doing it after some trial and error. 

2 minutes ago, xraydoc said:

Great points - makes complete sense and actually how we ended up doing it after some trial and error. 

If only my wife could’ve understood this when we were going doubles…

EF0EFC48-B5BF-451E-B381-9BCB8E029A06.jpeg

On 9/22/2021 at 6:32 AM, xraydoc said:

I used a set of these: https://www.wetsounds.com/product/ADP-TC3-S to mount them to the tower and had the upholstery shop cut 2.5" holes in the bimini. I just remove the factory speaker mounts and extend the wires up the tower to the speakers. I never trailer my boat or fold the bimini so it works for my situation but would not suite everyone.  

Thanks Doc!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 11:25 AM, BearCreekBum said:

Hey @xraydoc Where is that shot taken? Looks a little narrow for Greers Ferry but not sure.

Love the shot.

Greers Ferry at the entrance to middle fork.